Buyer | Leading Technology Business | Abingdon
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing team and business in the Abingdon area. The direction has changed over the last 5 years with Technology now the flagship business unit.
The organisation is looking for 2 Buyers, to support the Technology team with onsite solutions and hardware. These roles will be ideal for someone with a good grounding in procurement looking to develop and progress up through the ranks of a medium sized business. Within the procurement structure and the wider business, many employees (including the CEO!) have started their career at this level and worked their way up in to senior roles, demonstrating how the business truly believes in developing talent from within.
The successful candidate will need:
- The ability to influence internal and external stakeholders to support the delivery of the right solution in a timely manner
- An understanding of which products and solutions are best suited to each unique project, and how to organise them
- Negotiation skills, both internally and externally, for the different solutions controlling the sales team to only deliver what is commercially viable
- The ability to manage the P&L for the delivery of projects
- To have a strong basic understanding of procurement
The business will offer
- Fully funded CIPS qualification training
- Excellent career development
- Continual professional development and training
Although exposure to procurement within a technology space would be desirable, the business is willing to consider candidates who are keen to develop within the procurement profession!