Senior Category Manager - Indirects| Growing Technology Business| Abingdon
Due to a recent internal promotion, one of Oxfordshire’s most prestigious businesses is looking for a Senior Category Manager to join the growing procurement team.
The Senior Category Manager will be tasked with driving the new strategy of the procurement function and developing a small team. You’ll take full category responsibility for managing and developing the Indirect spend across the UK, and will need to build strong working relationships with senior stakeholders including the FD, Head of Legal, Group IT Director and all of the Divisional MDs.
Procurement has a strong reputation within the business which has improved over the years, and engagement throughout the organisation is high - but this person will be responsible for converting engagement in to delivery and influencing senior management.
- Working closely with senior stakeholders FD, Head of Legal, Group IT Director and all of the Divisional MDs
- Developing a team of 2 junior Buyers
- Leading negotiations and driving selection process
- Taking full ownership of all indirect categories across the group
- Supporting the implementation of a new ERP system
- MCIPS qualified
- Good understanding of vendors, suppliers and commercial models across indirect categories
- The ability to influence senior stakeholders in the business
- Degree or equivalent is preferred but not essential