Award winning procurement function within a leading Aerospace & Defence organisation aggressively seeks a smart, innovative Senior Buyer
With an excellent training scheme and a pre-mapped route to procurement leadership, this is an excellent opportunity for any ambitious procurement specialist. You will be working within a close-knit team with an outstanding reputation for staff development and a high-percentage of home-grown Directors.
On offer is a tailored career development path, centred on your individual skillset, in an organisation renowned for its agile company culture and meritocratic work environment.
As Senior Buyer you will:
- The role will involve managing multi-million pound spend across various indirect procurement categories.
- Liaising with senior stakeholders and key suppliers to push through new procurement initiatives and secure cost savings
- Developing, implementing and managing customer management plans to build & ensure good working relationships with staff, subcontractors and suppliers
- Acting as the Subject Matter Expert and focal point on all Procurement and Supply Chain related issues
- Leading the required tendering, negotiation, placement and contract of major subcontracts for defined areas of responsibility
- Setting up, developing and implementing contract management protocols for major contracts
Required qualifications & experience:-
- 2-3+ years Procurement / Strategic Sourcing / Category Management experience, with a CV that details commercial achievements (cost savings & avoidance, risk mitigation, supplier relationship and performance improvement, stakeholder engagement)
- Understanding and experience of working within an aerospace / defence organisation
- Understanding of engineering service bids and programmes.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes or regulatory requirements desired not essential
- Procurement / strategic sourcing / buying experience within complex global organisations
- Degree & CIPS qualifications preferred though not essential
This is a fantastic opportunity to become a part of a growing, award winning procurement function. You will enjoy a friendly and professional work environment and have a fast-track promotion route.
Apply in via firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Senior Buyer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly