Senior Category Manager - Technology (Hardware and Services)
Blue Chip Procurement Opportunities on the sunny South Coast! These offer fantastic opportunities, not only for a new challenge, but a new pace of life. If you are considering relocating, we have several exciting procurement opportunities based on the South coast……
Our client is seeking talented Procurement professionals at various levels... great opportunities and great packages on offer... call Karen or Kate for more information: 01403 248 448.
This particular opportunity is for an experienced, Senior Category Manager - Technology (Hardware and Services) with demonstrable experience of managing IT and Telecoms projects, to join a fast paced, dynamic, blue chip organisation which is going through an exciting period of growth.
You will be responsible for working with stakeholders across the business to ensure a robust category strategy for your designated category.
As a Senior Category Manager you’ll lead the design, build and maintenance of the category strategy. You’ll manage your category area, continually reviewing efficacy, efficiency and security of the current supply chain whilst proactively seeking out opportunities to ensure the organisation remain competitive and up to date with regulatory changes.
You’ll need to build and maintain key business and stakeholder relationships to form a true working partnership, leveraging the talent within your team to become a recognised Centre of Excellence.
You must be able to demonstrate excellent experience and achievments across the wider Technology category. To include:
- Professional Services
Previous experience in the Financial Services Industry preferred but not a “must”
There is the opportunity for flexibility and home-working e.g. 2/3 days each week subject to workload
The Role requirements:-
- You must have demonstrable stakeholder management ability up to Executive level with the gravitas to interact and
- Strong experience of third-party contractual work is a must combined with the ability to lead and deliver initiatives to improve the quality and value of the components of our cost base within your assigned Category area.
- Deep understanding of the Customer Journey and how to continually improve service as a key differentiator in the marketplace.
- Strong leadership skills and behaviours
- Take leadership responsibility for providing day to day line management, coaching and developing others to ensure that performance objectives are met and team feel engaged, valued and motivated.
- Strong knowledge of commercial models and approach/techniques necessary to achieve best in class sourcing deals
- Proven ability to lead complex sourcing projects which release substantial value for the business
- Established relationship management and networking skills and experience, required for both key stakeholder and supplier engagement
- Category management expertise, including the ability to develop meaningful Category Strategies and in-depth knowledge of your assigned category
- Excellent negotiation skill set, demonstrable experience at successfully developing and executing negotiation strategies coupled with ability to influence outcomes.
- Strong contract drafting skills with the ability to create associated Schedules of legal Agreements
- Dynamic and self-motivated style with an ability to deliver at pace and drive change
- Strong attention to detail and capability to assess and mitigate relationship issues and commercial risk.
- Strong organisational skills with an ability to plan, prioritise and deliver work to timescales.
- A high level of PC literacy across the Microsoft Office suite
- Responsibility for managing a small team
Beaumont Select is a leading Supply Chain & Purchasing Recruitment Agency for permanent and interim staffing solutions. We support a primarily blue-chip client base, in the provision of experienced Supply Chain & Purchasing Professionals; successfully resolving their Purchasing Recruitment demands. We have a proven track record in purchasing recruitment and are a leading purchasing recruitment agency. Complying with the BERR Beaumont Select are an Employment Agency and an Employment Business
More searches like this
- Purchasing, supply (main) Private sector Specialist jobs in £60,000 - £79,999
- Buying Private sector Specialist jobs in £60,000 - £79,999
- Contracts Private sector Specialist jobs in £60,000 - £79,999
- Procurement Private sector Specialist jobs in £60,000 - £79,999
- Category management Private sector Specialist jobs in £60,000 - £79,999