We are currently working with a Private Sector client based in Prescot, Merseyside who are on the look for an experienced Category Manager to join their team. This is a permanent requirement with a salary of up to £60,000.00 on offer which also includes a Car Allowance equivalent to 10% of the offered salary. The role also has a lot of flexibility with work being a mixture of onsite and offsite (both from home and from client sites).
- Leading a business unit and being the ultimate technical expert for the Construction spend category, providing overall management direction and accountability for the category, frameworks, supply chain, member base and internal resources;
- Delivering high levels of quality and member satisfaction that engender repeat business, effective relationships and high levels of member loyalty;
- Performing consistently against income targets, and having control over expenditure to maximise the contribution to profit from the Construction business unit;
- Ensuring members benefit from best value through the procurement tender process and receive qualified evidence to support the outcome.
- MCIPS qualified or working towards
- A technical qualification in RICS / MCIOB / RIBA / APM or equivalent would be advantageous
- Ideally have hands on experience and / or knowledge of the Construction and / or Social Housing sectors.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills – evidenced by a good track record of managing staff and / or consultants / contractors and external customers / suppliers
- End to end procurement experience – from category strategy development through to evaluation and award
- Strong commercial acumen ability to ensure all financial aspects of income and expenditure is effectively managed.
- Demonstrable track record in a management role within a built environment category (including construction, compliance, facilities management, heating and renewable)
- Ability to travel and occasional overnight stays
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to build effective working relationships with internal and external colleagues.
- Able to analyse information, make sound adjustments, appraise performance and manage risk.
- Ability to identify, engage and influence a wide range of stakeholders.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills