IT Category Manager | Inspirational brand | Poole
This inspirational charity that saves lives at sea is working to reduce drowning in the UK and Ireland by 50% by 2024 and also reducing global drowning from 374,000 deaths per year. To achieve these goals the they are working with our volunteers and other partners to undertake preventative measures as well as respond to emergency situations.
They are looking for a Technology Procurement Manager to join the Supply Chain team. You will be able to adopt a Category Management approach to technology, understanding the marketplace and helping define the long-term supply strategies that will support our lifesaving mission.
Your role will be to act as a strategic advisor to the Value/Enabling Stream by developing the category and sub category procurement strategy for the next 3 years to minimise the total cost to the organisation whilst maintaining quality and a safety first culture. Responsible for a spend profile of in excess of £5million, you will be accountable for ensuring supplier performance and Value/Enabling Stream targets are achieved and contractual coverage is complete across the category.
For this exciting new role, you will need to have:
- A proven track record in procurement for infrastructure, software and services.
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills, comfortable working with a wide group of stakeholders including senior leadership and project/programme managers.
- Extensive knowledge of the tender process.
- The ability to demonstrate leadership and to own complex procurement projects with a full end to end approach that ensures the timely delivery of solutions.
- Excellent time-management skills, able to balance competing requirements and plan activities to ensure project timelines are met, and reporting requirements are not overlooked.
- Experience in managing suppliers including SRM and benefits realisation.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Support the Value/Enabling Stream strategy and work in project teams to deliver clear plans that achieve future goals.
- Implement the execution of the procurement strategy that significantly influences and its Value/Enabling Streams, to reduce risk, total life cost and improve quality/service standards to agreed metrics and meet corporate priorities.
- Develop and implement the procurement category or sub category strategy within the Value/Enabling Stream, leading projects to deliver clear plans to ensure financial targets and future goals are met through a project approach.
- Sign off projects and spend with relevant Value/Enabling Stream and Senior Category Manger using governance forums, improving contract coverage across the category.
- Use sound commercial reasoning and influence to ensure that availability is maximised across categories and delivered in a safe, effective and efficient manner through the tendering, negotiation and agreement of the most appropriate commercial approach.
- Analyse/interpret trends, markets and system data as well as organisational requirements to influence stakeholders through the effective presentation of data and key metrics
This is a fantastic and inspirational brand, so please apply directly with your CV. For a confidential conversation, please call Josh on 01962 869838.