Senior Procurement Analyst
Are you a spreadsheet Wizard with proven Procurement Analyst experience, providing full analytical & research support to our Local Authority client’s category teams - gathering, analysing, interpreting & presenting data in simple & effective manner?
If you are an Excel wizard, and can present data using pivots, drop down options, graphs and charts, then this may be the opportunity for you? The successful candidate will be a self starter who has ability to take the lead and sell their ideas to stakeholders? You don’t have to be a procurement expert but it will help if you have some experience together with excellent analytical skills.
As Senior Procurement Analyst, you will have a lead role in gathering, analysing, interpreting and presenting data with the ability to “tell the story” in a simple effective manner to Senior Stakeholders. Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Provide commercial and spend analytical expertise to Procurement Services and Commissioning Teams
- Produce meaningful and visual representation of procurement activity including the Councils spend, contracts and compliance
- Lead on the development of spend analysis tools providing support and training to users
- Ensure all issues and gaps in current dataset are resolved and managed effectively to satisfy the reporting requirements of the organisation
- Provide assistance to project managers as required
- Help identify risks and opportunities through detailed analysis of procurement data
- Improved management information supporting the development of category and procurement strategies
- Clear and accurate reporting of procurement activity
- Improved spend visibility and business cases to support development activities
- Provide the Council with the required intelligence and awareness on supply chain issues
- Improved compliance across all procurement activity through chasing individuals to ensure all data is updated
- Build a sustainable flexible toolset to allow the presentation of data in a meaningful visual way that that is clear and easy to interpret
Ideally educated to Degree level or equivalent and a Member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS), you will have:
- Proven track record of working in a lead analyst role demonstrating strong commercial and analytical experience
- Must have solid demonstrable experience showing ability to interrogate, challenge, interpret and report data trends with commentary and suggestions for improvement
- Evidence of working with large datasets in a pragmatic yet structured way with evidence of “thinking outside of the box”
- Extensive experience in data modelling using own initiative, assumptions and ability to present “the story” in an easy to digest format for non-technical users including Senior Management
- Experience in managing and driving multiple concurrent projects and requests through to satisfactory conclusion
- Working knowledge of procurement processes preferably across both Private and Public Sector
- Experience of supporting the analytical requirements in the category management process preferred but not essential
- Appreciation of industry benchmarking with other organisations
- Advanced IT skills using spreadsheets, charts and graphs
- Excellent data modelling and analytical skills
- Ability to present complex data scenarios and trends in a simple to understand format using MS PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A good command of written and spoken English which is appropriate for the effective performance of the role
- Excellent presentation skills and use of appropriate Microsoft software
- Ability to identify and problem solve with speed and accuracy
- Approachable and personable with the ability to build trusting relationships across the organisation
- Business results orientated - focused on delivering value that will directly lead to achievement of business results
- Independent thinker - able to offer new ideas to challenge/influence the status quo in support of the business strategy
- Highly effective under pressure with ability to positively influence others to achieve business objectives
Your core Values and Behaviours will reflect those of our client: Productive; Ambitious; Collaborative and Enterprising.
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.