We are working with a Public Sector client based in Manchester who are on the look for a Procurement Manager for a permanent role they have which has a maximum salary of £45,000.00 with a 5% flex fund on offer. This role will be based permanently in Salford, Manchester.
Reporting to the Director of Procurement you will be responsible for working with the Strategic Procurement & Commissioning Support Team, other key internal stakeholders and crucially our custgomers clients to ensure procurement activities are optimised and delivered in a professional, safe and efficient manner. We are on the look for an experienced Procurement Manager with exceptional relationship management, influencing, negotiation and communication skills for this permanent role. The ideal candidate with be able to deal with a range of complex healthcare procurement projects to deliver best value to our clients.
- Autonomously managing health related procurement projects from end to end supported by the relevant legal procurement rules and regulations
- Developing contract documentation including finance schedules, outcomes and incentivisation frameworks
- Delivering training, workshops and presentations, including evaluation methodology and mobilisation support to internal and external clients
- Identify business opportunities through networking
- Liaise and share knowledge with other teams to ensure a ‘joined up’ approach to clients
- Work with the wider commissioner and strategic sourcing procurement teams to support their projects with robust financial decision making and evidence.
- To influence internal stakeholders to ensure procurement strategy aligns with best practise and legislative compliance
- Has a strong persuasion capability and is an active and contributing team member.
- Manages conflicting situations accordingly
- Strong and motivated team player
- To ensure the procurement team continuously improve methods of working, processes and maintain legislative compliance
- CIPS qualified or equivalent
- Good working knowledge of the NHS or wider Public Sector
- Ideally hands on experience in a Procurement role in the Public Sector
- Understanding of OJEU and PCR regulations
- In-depth knowledge of Procurement process (scoping, tendering, evaluation, selection, contract negotiation and management of suppliers)
- Experience dealing with complex negotiations on prices and contract terms to deliver savings and commercial value
- Knowledge of contracts and contracting process
- Ability to set strategy and interact with senior stakeholders
- Good commercial awareness
- A team player capable of working in a challenging and demanding environment, where understanding Procurement’s impact on Client contracts and commercials, is crucial
- Procurement project management preferably within healthcare
More searches like this
- Purchasing, supply (main) Public Sector Manager jobs in £40,000 - £49,999
- Buying Public Sector Manager jobs in £40,000 - £49,999
- Contracts Public Sector Manager jobs in £40,000 - £49,999
- Logistics Public Sector Manager jobs in £40,000 - £49,999
- Operations Public Sector Manager jobs in £40,000 - £49,999