Technical Purchasing Manager
Do you have the gravitas & proven technical/manufacturing strategic sourcing & SRM experience to lead the Purchasing team to develop sourcing strategies & strategic partnerships with the best suppliers to meet their fast turnaround production?
Reporting to the Production Manager, you will have overall management responsibility for the Purchasing Department with the aim of ensuring that we work with the very best suppliers who understand the needs of fast turnaround production. You will be responsible for:
- Stock levels to ensure this meets the agreed objectives of quantity, quality, value, and delivery requirements to match existing sales order requirements and forecast budgeted sales.
- The Navision (v3.7) MRP inventory for all production requirements – and ensuring uninterrupted running of the MRP function of the computer system. This includes ROs, made to order items, key stock items, and items on automatic re-order generation.
- Raising of purchase orders for all widgets required for production and spares orders within the agreed financial threshold values.
- Liaising with relevant suppliers, under The Engineering Director and Production Manager’s lead, to ensure that widgets are received within acceptable lead times, conforming to the necessary quality standards, correctly labelled, and within management agreed price levels, and payment terms.
- Working with the Quality Manager to further control/assess the complete service, which we receive from suppliers.
- Preparation and assessment of agreed KPIs to the Production Manager on a regular agreed timescale.
- Responsibility for ensuring house-keeping activities are active, accurate and audited for inventory item cards – correct prices, lead times, min and max re-order levels, blocked/obsolete items, descriptor lines. In particular to regularly liaise with Engineering staff to keep abreast of production development and the effect on current product lines.
- To ensure that the team members work effectively with all suppliers to ensure that items are received to fulfil production requirements, and that suppliers are regularly advised of priorities for existing purchase orders.
- Liaising with production and stores staff to manage the workflow throughout the factory.
- Production work allocation, scheduling planning of activity using Navision and the Production Programme.
- Providing regular information to the stores department to alert them in advance to new stock holdings, and unusual expected delivery schedules, so that workloads and storage can be planned in advance.
- To strengthen the department by ensuring that key tasks and functions are performed with efficiency and accuracy by the most suitable team member and cross training for cover purposes.
- To regularly review the Navision system to ensure that it operates to maximum efficiency ahead of a planned system upgrade (to Dynamics 360) in the near future.
- To motivate the team and lead by professional example.
- Any other tasks as reasonably requested.
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details to email@example.com or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.