In this role we will need you to:
· Lead on all stages of the procurement process, from supplier engagement through to contract implementation, whilst ensuring that we adhere to the correct legislative and internal policies.
· Assist the functional managers in developing specifications and other contract documents for the procurement of goods/services.
· Work with your internal customers to analyse tender submissions in accordance with the agreed scoring methodologies.
· Implement and operate effective contract management practices.
· Manage the Procurement Officer position
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Purchasing Policy
· Utilise established purchasing policies to undertake procurement projects that yield optimum performance and price.
· Ensure that business cases are supported by information that allows reliable decision-making.
· Work with LEL colleagues to ensure compliance with Contract Standing Orders and Purchasing Procedures.
2. Tendering and contract negotiation
· Ensure good governance of procurement projects.
· Prepare, review and issue tender documents in accordance with agreed timescales.
· Analyse and evaluate bids to determine optimum value and recommend suppliers.
· Maintain communications with all stakeholders including bidders.
· Undertake negotiations with bidders within procurement rules.
· Working with the in-house paralegal to ensure appropriate contracts terms are negotiated
3. Contract Management
· Improve contract performance through analysis of data and by evaluating supplier spend profiles to understand where to find value.
· Build collaborative, long-term relationships with suppliers.
· Improve supplier compliance to contracts by monitoring and reporting on KPI performance in conjunction with departmental managers
· Maintain and report on key market conditions, trends, pricing levels and cost movements.
· Produce periodic reports, reviews and presentation of business performance against plan and provide explanation of variances.
· Contribute to monthly reports indicating progress on tenders
The Person Specification:
• A procurement professional with experience of buying technical products and services. Ideally, this will be within a similar company (Energy from Waste / Circular economy company) or from a manufacturing company.
• Strong analytical, negotiation and project management skills.
• An organised / methodical approach to procurement.
• Working knowledge of legislation and procedures governing public contract procurement.
• Experience of working with model contract suites (e.g. NEC, JCT) an advantage.