Hours: Full-time or part-time hours will be considered for this vacancy
Location: Green Unit Limited, Marylands Farm, Chiselhampton, Oxfordshire, OX44 7XD
Web address: www.greenunit.co.uk
Green Unit Ltd is based in rural Oxfordshire countryside. It is a young entrepreneurial design led manufacturing business destined to be a disruptor in the traditional construction sector.
Positioned to exploit the growing trends of: efficient and environmentally friendly modular off-site assembly; and ECO friendly design and manufacture, Green Unit is now expanding and recruiting for key positions.
In this young and progressive business successful candidates will have the opportunity to grow and develop life-long skills as the business grows. They will have the opportunity to engage in an innovative environment, continuously building on best practice, in design, quality and customer service.
A robust supply chain and procurement procedures meeting the need of the Production department for the timely provision of materials and stocks meeting quality requirements at competitive prices.
- Develop and maintain the supply chain for all the company’s materials, products and services providers
- Negotiate and review purchasing agreements, bulk prices and quantity discounts with suppliers to obtain competitiveness and delivery flexibility
- Maintain stock inventory of raw material, in fabrication, and completed product stages
- Manage Goods-In quality/quantity checks and safe storage conditions
- Develop an in-depth understanding of volume purchases and their proportional effect on the costs of production
- Knowledge of spreadsheet database creation and management
- Buying in a similar manufacturing or retail environment
QUALIFICATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Good maths GCSE attainment or higher
- CIPS membership and attainment desirable but not essential
- Excellent future progression opportunities for the right person
- A friendly and supportive environment
- Salary £28,000-£35,000, depending on experience
- 20 days’ holiday (excluding Bank Holidays), increasing with service to a maximum of 25 days
- Company Pension Scheme
- Participation in the Company Incentive Scheme
The post holder will live within a 45 minute commute of the Green Unit office/factory, or be willing to relocate to within that radius, and will hold a full driving licence.