PSCM Sector Manager: Capital and Infrastructure Projects
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
Our Procurement & Supply Chain Management function are recruiting for a Sector Manager: Capital Projects to play an instrumental role in partnering with the business on a strategic level. This is a rewarding and highly exciting opportunity and is a key senior leadership role reporting into the Head of Category Management providing functional guidance and support to Director Infrastructure Projects Delivery.
AWE has an exciting and innovative Infrastructure project portfolio constructing unique and highly complex facilities in support of the UK's nuclear deterrent. The is an opportunity to shape the direction of our significant and diverse capital development programme across the entire AWE estate with a projected spend of £4bn over the next 10 years.
AWE is undergoing significant transformation across the business. This role will contribute to the future direction of the strategic delivery for the Infrastructure Projects.
Large company exposure in a similar role is desired, within a major construction environment, with the ideal candidate having experience in NEC contract frameworks and working knowledge of Strategic Procurement Planning and Supplier Relationship Management. You should also be a successful leader with the ability to motivate and coach both within your own team and across the organisation.
The ideal candidate will have the experience and desire to influence and implement successful change within the infrastructure programme bringing vision and leadership.
Core experience required:
- Significant experience of applicable construction industry standard forms of contract typically NEC, JCT, ICE and GC Works and drafting of bespoke terms (throughout supply chain)
- Understanding of procurement/project delivery techniques in different markets including regulated
- Proven knowledge of commercial, contractual and financial drivers for successful programme and project delivery
- Broad understanding of commercial contracting strategies within an engineering environment
- Excellent working contractual/legal knowledge
- Category Strategy - development of complex category strategies across the Capital or Major Projects market incorporating a holistic approach covering strategic demand planning and supply-side dynamics
- Evidence of introducing innovation and efficiency to a major complex business through strategy execution
- Strategic Sourcing - evidence of successful management of major strategic sourcing projects
- Supplier Relationship Management - ability to segment key suppliers and develop strategic relationships which facilitate innovation
- Evidence of 'step-change' benefits delivered to the business post implementation
- Experience of management, advisory and oversight to a Category or Sector team
- Ability to drive Category Management methodology into an organisation by successful team delivery
- Ability to influence key business customers and stakeholders on the business benefits of Category Management
- Natural strategic thinker able to draw out insights and be seen as a key advisor to the the business
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities.