Directs Buyer - Engineering/Automotive
World Class procurement function within a leading Engineering organisation aggressively seeks a motivated and determined senior buyer.
With a personal career development plan in place and the opportunity to progress quickly within the organisation to a leadership role. You will be working within a close-knit team with an industry leading reputation for staff development and a high percentage of promotion within.
This organisation are renowned for it's agile company culture and meritocratic work environment. With a great social work culture and flexible working this is a forward thinking organisation.
As Senior Buyer you will:
- The role will involve managing multi-million pound spend projects across directs.
- Managing the full end to end procurement process from RFP, RFQ to tendors you will be involved in building relationships with suppliers globally.
- Liaising with senior stakeholders and key suppliers to push through new procurement initiatives and secure cost savings
- Developing, implementing and managing customer management plans to build & ensure good working relationships with staff, subcontractors and suppliers
- Acting as the Subject Matter Expert and focal point on all Procurement and Supply Chain related issues
- Strategically source direct materials worldwide analysing spend and using your engineering knowledge to source best for value products.
- Leading the required tendering, negotiation, placement and contract of major subcontracts for defined areas of responsibility
Required qualifications & experience:-
- 3-5+ years Procurement / Strategic Sourcing / Category Management experience, with a CV that details commercial achievements (cost savings & avoidance, risk mitigation, supplier relationship and performance improvement, stakeholder engagement)
- Understanding and experience working within the engineering or automotive sectors
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes or regulatory requirements desired
- Degree & CIPs qualified preferred
- Experience within a procurement function
This is a fantastic opportunity to become a part of a growing, world class procurement function. You will enjoy a friendly and professional work environment and have a fast-track promotion route.
To apply or enquire further, please send a copy of your cv to jobsPH@bramwithconsutling.co.uk