Procurement Category Manager, Indirect Services | Global Financial Services Organisation | Sussex
This internationally recognisable Financial Services firm, currently in an exciting time of evolution, is looking for a brand-new Procurement Category Manager to come in and work across a broad range of indirect services, with a potential steer towards the Professional Services category.
This internationally recognisable Financial Services firm, currently in an exciting time of evolution, is looking for a brand-new Procurement Category Manager to come in and work across a broad range of indirect services, with a potential steer towards the Professional Services category. The Procurement Category Manager will sit within the Corporate Services team and reports to the Senior Procurement Manager that oversees this area. There is an expectation to not only deliver an innovative category strategy in this area but also support and mentor more junior members of the team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish & develop supplier strategies and relationships across Professional Services and other indirect areas
- Manage a broad range of indirect services with a direct accountability of Professional Services spend which covers all Legal, Tax, Audit and Consultancy
- Develop strategic negotiation plans to meet the needs of the business
- Identify business opportunities that might lead to a change in the existing business models
- Create and deliver new innovative Category Models and roll these out across the organisation
- Interface with suppliers and internal cross-functional teams to ensure flawless execution and support of business goals and objectives
- Develop appropriate Supplier Performance Review metrics and lead Strategic Business Reviews in conjunction with the business to deliver continuous improvements
- Ensure all Procurement management tools are kept up to date and reported on at each quarterly review meeting
- CIPS qualified or equivalent – desired but not essential
- Solid professional services / indirect services category management expertise
- Experience of working within business teams and enhancing strong, internal relationships
- Understanding of how to construct, organise and project manage cross-functional teams
- Experience of driving supplier relationship management via Supplier Performance
- Reviews with internal business groups
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Have the gravitas to engage with senior stakeholders across the business
- High level of personal and professional integrity and strong work ethics
In return you will have an opportunity to develop within a highly collaborative and innovative environment, with the chance to work across a breadth of indirect categories. The company also offers great learning and development opportunities and a highly attractive bonus scheme. You’ll also be able to work flexibly 1-2 days a week.