Supplier Relationship Manager – Learning & Development
Do you have the interpersonal skills, supplier relationship management & proven commercial acumen to deliver industry leading HR and Learning & Development (L&D) client procurement services & category management solutions for our clients?
If you can work with internal stakeholders & external customers to challenge the status quo and bring about change through creating & delivering innovative solutions to deliver cost savings and process improvement & efficiencies whilst putting the Customer first, then this is the role for you.
As Supply Chain Manager – Learning & Development, working closely with the Head of Supplier Management in a small client facing supplier relationship management & procurement team, you will have responsibility to:
- Deliver high quality and competitive Learning & Development solutions for our clients.
- Ensure internal and external customers and suppliers are delighted and all KPIs and SLAs are met or exceed and all Bids, Catalogues and feedback is presented.
- Support the delivery of business initiatives by providing subject matter expertise in the support of client facing teams.
- Support the development of the procurement team with a focus on specialist L&D category knowledge.
- Support the knowledge development of the learning market for Client facing teams via direct training and facilitation of Supplier engagement workshops.
- Ensure supplier expectations are met and/or exceeded tracked via survey results
- Work in collaboration with Suppliers to ensure a smooth booking process and act as a point of escalation for Suppliers
- Support the Supplier & Associate Management team in delivering excellent service to internal and external customers
- Manage the Supply Relationship Management process
- Full ownership and accountability for strategic and high profile Supplier relationships
- Conduct and own adhoc and formal Supplier review meetings in line with contractual requirements
- Select and onboard new Suppliers from contract negotiation to commencement, internally.
- Manage Sourcing and Formal Tender processes from the initial requirement to contracting
- Achieve cost savings via a variety of initiatives including price levers, process improvements, value add from suppliers and support in recommendations on demand management initiatives
- Take ownership for the learning and development of product knowledge, delivered internally and externally in conjunction with our Suppliers & Associates
- Prepare category analyses on an annual basis, developing category strategies that support Client procurement
- Develop and maintain a pipeline of procurement activity, planning initiatives and delivering solutions
The ideal candidate will be/have:
- Strong procurement and category management experience
- Specialist HR Services and Learning & Development strategic sourcing experience
- Managing difficult conversations and negotiations
- Influencing peers across the business
- Influencing leaders and line manager
- Removing barriers and obstacles
- Leading by example
- Develops internal & external network
- Ability to understand and act on the key metrics and business drivers
- Stakeholder management skills
- Strong commercial acumen
- Excellent communication skills
- Full Driving License with business travel required to perform the role
This is very client focussed role and a great opportunity to be part of and influence transformation and change across customer’s HR & Learning Services procurement. You will help support and build best in class capabilities, processes and solutions for your clients – building robust relationships and innovative solutions in a cost savings targeted environment. You can be based out of our client’s offices in either Reading or Birmingham - business travel required.
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.