Procurement Manager / Senior Procurement Manager
At this exciting time of rapid expansion at Lidl, we have continued to pride ourselves on not only meeting, but exceeding the expectations of every customer.
Our technical Procurement Department are now seeking enthusiastic, proactive and highly organised Managers/ Senior Managers to join their growing department. We are looking to expand all areas of our indirect technical Procurement team and are looking for six new Procurement specialists within our sub teams of Security & Inventory, Metal work, Shopping Trolleys & Checkouts, Refrigeration, Shopfitting & Wood Work and Project Strategy & Implementation.
This fast-paced role offers an excellent opportunity to hit the ground running, working on exciting projects from the get-go with the opportunity to take on new areas of responsibility very quickly. This is an ideal opportunity to join a fast paced and efficient team at the forefront of our company's ambitious development plans in a position which offers both responsibility and variety.
What will you do?
- Work on strategic projects with high level of autonomy and leadership as well as with high level of exposure to Board of Directors within Lidl UK
- Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers defining and implementing the category strategies, proactively managing risks and providing commercial leadership across Procurement related activities
- Work with main business stakeholders to identify service optimisation and value improvement opportunities
- Autonomous project planning and management for implementation of national roll outs across all Lidl UK stores
- Budget planning for the categories of responsibility, understanding of cost categories and cost drivers, ability to extract and analyse complex sets of data
- Negotiating strategic cost savings and adding regularly value to the business
- Managing and developing supplier relationships to ensure long-lasting partnerships
- Lead a team of 2 procurement professionals (Senior Procurement Manager only)
What will you need?
- An excellent communicator, effective negotiator and confident presenter (able to present and propose projects/ideas to Board level employees)
- Proven project management experience
- Technical mind-set
- Detail orientated and able to manage conflicting deadlines
- Strong knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Category management experience in either a Buying or Procurement-related field would be beneficial
- CIPS certification is desirable but not essential, as is P2P software/supplier management software experience.
- Willing to travel both nationally and internationally including occasional overnight stays
- A full driving license is required
- German language is desirable but not essential
What do we offer?
- £40,000 - £63,008 (subject to experience)
- 10% London Weighting (non-contractual) for employees working within the M25
- 35 days holiday per annum (including Bank Holidays)
- A contributory pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Company car or car allowance (Senior Procurement Manager only)
- 10% discount on all Lidl products, in all stores throughout the UK
- Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products, leisure activities and more)
- Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
- Brilliant opportunities to take on more responsibility and long term career prospects