A forward thinking public sector organisation is seeking a Procurement Analyst, with a focus on spend analysis, VFM (value for money) across their supply chain. Procurement category management across IT or Estates would be an advantage.
You will be responsible for providing a single overview of data relating to savings opportunities, and all major procurement spend activity across the organisation. This will include overall responsibility for the creation, organisation, and maintenance of internal information reporting relating to Procurement and wider Financial activity as and when necessary.
You will be particularly focused on ensuring value for money is achieved from all expenditure by identifying spend and data trends, efficiency and savings opportunities, and managing multiple data sets to create a definitive overview of financial activity.
As Procurement and VFM Data Analyst you will: (Must be intermediate level of Excel)
- Be responsible and accountable for the management of data relating to all 3rd Party expenditure.
- Negations and stakeholder management skills
- VLOOK-UP, PIVOT tables, Spend analysis
- Assist the Head of Procurement in leading the team through a period of transition, ensuring the new vision for the organisation is fully addressed from a procurement perspective.
- Ensure efficient systems and processes are embedded and fully utilised
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Degree level education or relevant equivalent experience
- CIPS 4 OR willing to study towards there CIP's.
- A minimum of 3 years' recent experience of procurement and / or financial reporting including Procurement 2 Pay (P2P Systems)
- Extensive recent experience of preparing reports to Internal and External bodies
The Procurement Department
The Procurement Department is about to embark on a programme to transform the existing Procurement function into a best in class operation that is fully aligned with delivering the aims and objectives of the organisations plan. This change, driven by the need to deliver greater efficiency and effectiveness, to help achieve these efficiencies, you will be required to assist the Head of Procurement to develop an effective Procurement Strategy and delivery plan and deliver against that plan
Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.