Head of Supply Chain | Greenfield Manufacturer | Hampshire
4 days left
- Full Time
With a pedigree spanning seven decades, this organisation is an innovative business with a cutting-edge approach to customer service, product development, manufacture and quality. They are world leaders in manufacturing, the leading rental solutions company in their sector in the UK and a renowned supplier of plant and construction equipment for hire and sale.
The business has seen continued growth over the past few years and continues to invest in the future and now has a sister company within the group. As a result of this there is a need to develop their approach to supply chain management and to lead this area they have created the new role of Head of Supply Chain, Reporting to the Group CFO. This role is a key management position.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Development and management of the Business’ Procurement Strategy
- Focus on the manufacturing needs within the group and how these can be addressed
- Rationalisation of existing supply chain, including assessment of existing and identification of new suppliers
- Identification and delivery of cost optimisation across the organisation
- Ensuring suppliers have the capability to meet the demands of the business from time, quality, cost, flexibility and are robust
- Develop effective business processes and controls by working closely with engineering, production and stores, including:
- selection of new parts and suppliers during product development
- rationalisation and standardisation of parts used across the product range
- BOM management
- Reducing business lead times
- Assessment of new production methods and materials
- Improving quality across business processes
- Implementation and deployment of new business ERP system, including
- BOM / MRP processes
- Stock Control
You will know what best practice procurement looks like, possess demonstrable knowledge of implementing internal control and governance systems, and have the ability to drive procurement as a key business-wide strategy contributor. A strong negotiator, hands on, results focused and resilient by nature, you will possess the credibility, communication and leadership to transform the current function.
You will be CIPS qualified and educated to degree level, ideally with a purchasing or engineering focus.
This is a newly created role in a greenfield environment, so if this appeals please send your CV and Rupert will call for a confidential chat. Alternatively call him asap on 01962 869 838.