Category Buyer - Aerospace & Defence
Category Buyer - Aerospace & Defence - London/Bristol - £40k - £50K + Package
Award winning procurement function within a leading Aerospace & Defence organisation aggressively seeks a smart, innovative Category Buyer to work across a variety of transformation procurement projects.
With an excellent training scheme and a pre-mapped route to procurement leadership, this is an excellent opportunity for any ambitious procurement specialist. You will be working within a close-knit team with an outstanding reputation for staff development and a high-percentage of home-grown Directors.
On offer is a tailored career development path, centred on your individual skillset, in an organisation renowned for its agile company culture and meritocratic work environment.
As a Category Buyer you will:
- Develop, implement and manage customer management plans to build & ensure good working relationships with staff, subcontractors and suppliers
- Liaising with senior stakeholders and key suppliers to push through new procurement initiatives and secure cost savings
- Acting as the Subject Matter Expert and focal point on all Procurement and Supply Chain related issues
- Leading the required tendering, negotiation, placement and contract of major subcontracts for defined areas of responsibility
- Setting up, developing and implementing contract management protocols for major contracts
Required qualifications & experience:-
- 1-3+ years Procurement / Strategic Sourcing / Category Management experience, with a CV that details commercial achievements (cost savings & avoidance, risk mitigation, supplier relationship and performance improvement, stakeholder engagement)
- Understanding and experience of working within an aerospace / defence organisation
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes or regulatory requirements desired not essential
- Procurement / strategic sourcing / buying experience within complex global organisations
- Degree & CIPS qualifications preferred though not essential
This is a fantastic opportunity to become a part of a growing, award winning procurement team. You will enjoy a friendly and professional work environment and have a fast-track promotion route.
To apply or enquire further, please send a copy of your cv to jobsAV@bramwithconsutling.co.uk
Key skills: Procurement, Fortune 500, direct, Strategic Sourcing, Category Management, Supplier Relationship Management (SRM), SAP, Ariba, Oracle, FTSE 100, Purchasing, Buying, Negotiation, Vendor Management, London, Professional Services, Consulting, Procurement Consulting, Transformation, Workforce transformation, Change, eProcurement, P2P, aerospace, defence, automotive, client-facing, Bristol, Swindon, London, Management Consultancy, Gloucester, West Bristol, South Bristol,