We are working with a Private Sector company based in Skipton who are looking for a Category Buyer on a permanent role with a maximum salary of £30,000 (depending on experience) on offer. This is an exciting new opportunity to join our clients Purchasing team and work with the rapidly expanding successful business.
Applicants applying must be able to work under pressure and have high organisational skills, be self-motivated and driven with excellent communication skills. Applicants must be able to demonstrate a background working in a fast paced procurement environment / department ideally within a manufacturing organisation with an overall track record in delivering cost reductions.
You will be responsible for the end to end management of the buying process and also:
- Develop, negotiate and maintain agreements/contracts and relationships with key suppliers.
- Manage and progress commodity RFQ projects providing regular updates to management.
- In line with the business requirements, negotiate pricing, delivery, payment terms, stocking methods and inventory management
- Experience in drafting and negotiating long term supply agreements
- Able to think strategically and develop creative and innovative improvement ideas
- Maintain and control supplier data e.g. Blanket orders, contracts & costings
- Drive continuous improvement within the department and through suppliers.
- In line with departmental improvement plans manage and review sourcing strategies
- Supplier reviews and visits
- Work alongside technical, quality & finance departments to ensure supplier suitability
- Resolve any invoice queries in a timely and efficient manner.
- Evaluate Suppliers Returns
- Other duties as assigned by Purchasing manager or any Management personnel.
- Ideally CIPS (or working towards) or equivalent
- Procurement in Manufacturing.
- Make/Buy, VA/VE, & Process change.
- A Track record of supplier management.
- Negotiation and analysis.
- Experience using Netsuite system
- Contracts and Supplier Audits.
- Skilled in using Microsoft Office applications.
- Access to own car