We are working with a Private Sector client who are looking for a Procurement Manager, based in their Buying Hub in Newcastle, to join their growing team.
The Procurement Manager will report into the Head of Procurement Operations and will be responsible for leading a team of Procurement Specialists, who provide key support to our clients and Client Services Team. The role will drive a high-performance team environment, leading to client satisfaction and delivery. The role will be the escalation point from the Procurement Specialists, and lead on complex projects.
Key Tasks & Deliverables include:
- Effective management of team, covering all aspects including performance, development, and allocation of projects, balancing appropriately based on capacity and category
- Close monitoring of team delivery, ensuring client and supplier requirements and specifications are met. Use of data to monitor project delivery and quality.
- Running complex sourcing events, including clarifying requirements and developing specifications with clients and identifying suitable suppliers for specific projects
- Supplier and client negotiation, including the negotiation of contracts, and improving prices and terms of business with suppliers
- Tracking delivery of projects across whole team through milestones to completion
- Provide MI and data analysis on costs and team and project performance
- Assess and evaluate suppliers and contribute to performance reviews to ensure contract compliance
- Conduct research across professional services categories and markets, evaluate, recruit and accredit new suppliers to increase the capacity and capability of our supply chain.
- Share best practices with colleagues and customers to ensure client becomes both efficient and adds value to its customer base
- Support the purchase function and other relevant departments and communicate any supply problems which may impact on customers
- Team leader experience
- Good knowledge of modern procurement practices; strong analytical and communication skills and works well within a team
- Knowledge of eSourcing and tendering solutions
- Considerable demonstrable category and sourcing experience within a private or public-sector organisation.
- Commercially aware and a competent negotiator
- Professional approach; natural relationship builder
- Ability to prioritise multiple projects whilst maintaining client commitments in a fast-paced environment
- A self-starter; highly motivated, results driven and with excellent attention to detail
- Broad understanding of local or central government department, health authority, or education establishments
- Achieved or working towards CIPS qualification
More searches like this
- Purchasing, supply (main) Public Sector Specialist jobs in £40,000 - £49,999
- Buying Public Sector Specialist jobs in £40,000 - £49,999
- Contracts Public Sector Specialist jobs in £40,000 - £49,999
- Logistics Public Sector Specialist jobs in £40,000 - £49,999
- Operations Public Sector Specialist jobs in £40,000 - £49,999