Head of Procurement and Contract Management
Re-focus. Re-shape. Reinvigorate.
Our county relies on us to work in the most efficient, professional way. To make sure we provide value for money, we’ve taken a long hard look at Procurement and Contract Management across the organisation. The result is built into a brand new operating model that enables us to deliver our Corporate Plan priorities. And with a new Chief Executive too, we’re re-defining our focus and the direction we want to take. As we implement our new operating model, help us deliver our vision and take our progress further through determination and leadership.
Now’s a fantastic time to join us on so many different levels. There’s a new Chief Executive. A partnership arrangement being put in place with Cherwell l District Council. And a new operating model that brings a higher profile for our procurement team and the wider commissioning cycle. As Head of Procurement & Contract Management, you’ll make sure all these changes create a positive impact in a key, high-level role. You’ll make our new approach a success, drive efficiencies in our third party contracts and develop supplier relationships. At the same time, you’ll be a source of support and advice for the team. It’s all about developing people and encouraging potential leaders.
We’re looking for a high-performing Procurement function that’s both commercially and customer-focused. To create it, you need to be a skilled specialist who’s ideally MCIPS-qualified (or equivalent). With wide-ranging experience in procurement and contract management, you’ll know how to run a great service and support the organisation. You could have a background in the private or public sector. Either way, you’ll be tuned in politically, with a positive approach. This will help you win the credibility to influence and put our new procurement model into action. Collaborative and professional, you’ll know how to represent the organisation and work with every member of our team.
At Oxfordshire County Council staff are truly our greatest asset, so we can offer you:
- Investment in your development through a wide range of learning and development opportunities, including support to study for professional qualifications and an excellent network of coaching and mentoring.
- A progressive attitude towards flexible working giving you more choice in how and where you do your work.
- An annual leave entitlement of between 29 and 32 days plus a range of family friendly policies to ensure we support people, balancing work with caring responsibilities.
- Access to an excellent pension scheme, where we contribute a sum of up to 20% of your pay into your retirement savings.
- Everyone at Oxfordshire County Council gets great discounts on gym memberships, mobile phone contracts, eating out, cycling accessories and more.
To find out more about this role, please click the 'Apply' button.
For a confidential discussion about these roles, please contact our consultants at Penna, Anthony Hopkin on 07500 042272 or Clare Connor on 01614080703.
Closing: Friday 2nd November 2018 at 09.00am