Morgan Law is currently supporting NHS Commercial Solutions (NHSCS) recruit their new Procurement Director, responsible for leading NHSCS procurement services on behalf of all shareholding NHS organisations.
NHSCS provides strategic procurement services to NHS organisations within Kent, Surrey, Sussex and further afield. It is wholly owned by the NHS and has delivered savings in excess of £190 million since its inception in 2007. The organisation works in partnership with trusts and with multiple stakeholders within the trusts (and other procurement hubs) to deliver cash releasing savings, cost and quality improvements across a wide range of categories.
The position of Procurement Director will be a member of the Executive Management Team involved in setting NHSCS’s overall direction and strategy and deputise for the Managing Director as appropriate. You will be the purchasing figurehead and focal point of contact for key stakeholders across Surrey, Sussex and Kent Health Economy and will develop a purchasing strategy that enables NHSCS to deliver innovative procurement solutions and achieve significant and sustainable improvements.
- Lead a team of centrally and locally based staff that provides both strategic and tactical procurement to influence in excess of £1bn commercial expenditure across NHS stakeholder organisations, currently within NHSCS
- Design an organisational development strategy for the procurement team, enabling NHSCS to continue to deliver benefits for the health economy
- Ensure all resources are primarily focused on delivering cash releasing savings, process improvements, service re-design and supplier
- Manage large complex projects, involving personnel from many disciplines/departments in client organisations and suppliers
- Establish NHSCS as the centre of procurement excellence within the health economy
- Develop and implement strategies for improving purchasing performance at Trust level for shareholder organisations, generating cash releasing savings to enable under-funded service developments to progress
- Contribute to the development and implementation of general policy and purchasing service development within the South East NHS
- Ensure that stakeholder requirements are understood and met by the NHSCS strategy and annual plans and that the organisation is fully integrated with operational and strategic needs of the health economy
- Commission appropriate research and development initiatives to secure cost and service improvements from alternative methods of operation, through new goods and services or re-engineering existing processes
- Develop a strong working relationship with senior management across Sustainability Transformation Partnerships and stakeholder organisations
- Deliver against core annual objectives agreed with the NHSCS Executive Management team
- Professional procurement qualification such as MCIPS
- Strong Leader with a proven record of procurement management at a senior level within the public and/or private sector
- Experienced in developing collaborative working, savings and service improvements
- Track record maintaining a wide network of contacts and developing commercial relationships and
- Expert knowledge of best in class procurement practice
- Adept at driving change and shaping successful procurement functions
For more information or to apply for this new position please contact James Knowling at Morgan Law on 0207 747 6827 or Email email@example.com