Procurement Operations Manager - Surrey
Our client, a prestigious FTSE 250, operating in the "High-Tech" sector, seeks to recruit an Procurement Operations Manager to be responsible for overseeing the day to day running of the purchasing team, whilst playing a lead role in the development of a 'Greenfield' procurement function, in a fast-track Global business - based in Surrey.
You will work to identify cost reduction opportunities whilst ensuring the purchasing team are negotiating all terms and conditions to achieve best price and quality. You will possess excellent communication skills and the ability to carry out the role of Purchasing Manager in a commercial and financially-driven way. Recognising key relationships and building rapport with key stakeholders will play an important part to this role and will require you to demonstrate tact and diplomacy in all professional relationships.
- Previous electronic component level procurement experience is essential and an understanding of the electronic components market to ensure correct sourcing
- Excellent communication skills with both external suppliers & internal stakeholders
- Proven track record of negotiation and strong problem solving skills
- Previous experience of managing suppliers & service providers
- In depth understanding of MRP procurement system
- Ability to work cross functionally
- Degree and MCIPS preferred
If you believe you have the necessary skills/experience, please contact Brad Mills on 01483 212 190.