Category Manager, Marketing | Leading Financial Services Organisation | East Sussex
Are you looking for a role that can offer you the opportunity to work at a Global, Strategic Level? This is an opportunity to join a highly ambitious procurement team as a Marketing Category Manager for a well-known Financial Services company that has been at the forefront of the industry for decades.
The Procurement Agenda for the next year couldn’t be more exciting, with new Procurement initiatives being rolled out, a more agile workforce plan and Procurement being mandated across the business. End to end category management is at the heart of Procurement’s philosophy as they really look to con-tinue to raise the profile of Procurement, with this role reporting straight to the Head of Indirect Procurement in a well-established Procurement team.
As Marketing Category Manager you will be developing, delivering and implementing the sourcing strategy with the use of cost structures, trends and cost drivers. This would be an excellent oppor-tunity for any marketing procurement professional looking to share their vision, business sense and strategic expertise to steer the category onto the global stage.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- You must have demonstrable stakeholder management ability up to Executive level with the gravitas to interact and influence at that level to support sales bids and source best value solutions.
- Negotiate the best commercial arrangements with suppliers through fact based methods, driving change by challenging existing sourcing decisions to provide strategies for potential improvements.
- Be a recognised subject matter expert for the Marketing category.
Skills + Experience:
- Ideally a corporate blue-chip background procurement professional with Marketing category management experience
- Knowledge and experience of key vendors in the region.
- Numerical and logical – able to justify data-driven decisions.
- Innovation – able to create and implement forward thinking strategy and solve sourcing challenges with equal focus on value for money and service quality.
- Degree preferred but not essential
- CIPS qualified or equivalent, ideally with Project Management Certification.
If you are a marketing procurement professional looking for a new and exciting challenge in a leading technology company, please apply today.