Associate Director, Banking Procurement
Locations: Flexible - Ideally Egypt, Jordan or Lebanon OR Morocco or Tunisia (after a suitable London-based training period) but would also consider London HQ or other SEMED countries.
Be part of a pioneering and diverse international organisation, using your talents to make a difference to people’s lives and help shape the future of the countries we invest in.
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development was founded in 1991 when communism was crumbling in Europe and ex-Soviet countries needed support to nurture a new private sector and democracy. Today we invest to help build market economies from central Europe to central Asia and the southern and eastern Mediterranean. We are now the largest single investor in our region.
We are currently seeking two Associate Directors, Banking Procurement, to join us on a permanent basis, to work on Infrastructure projects across the SEMED region.
Purpose of Job
Working as part of a project team and on behalf of the Operation Leader (OL), the Associate Director, Banking Procurement is responsible for developing the project delivery strategy during the structuring of the project, assessing the project procurement risk, identifying necessary mitigations, and establishing the procurement and implementation arrangements. They will safeguard the Bank’s fiduciary responsibility and ensure timely and efficient project implementation in adherence to the Bank’s Procurement Policies and Rules (PP&R) for both private and public sector operations. They will also manage any situation of eventual conflict of interest between operational/business and policy issues.
This position plays a key role in the guidance and support to other Procurement team members.
We are looking for candidates with a depth of experience within the procurement space at the Associate Director level. We would also consider candidates at a more junior level providing they still have relevant procurement experience.
For a full list of responsibilities, please visit: https://jobs.ebrd.com/ position numbers 14432 and 14431.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Degree in business administration, economics, engineering or law;
- Degree in procurement/Graduate membership in CIPS is desirable;
- Demonstrable considerable practical experience in procurement and project implementation in developing countries or countries in transition, showing good knowledge of risk management as well as best modern procurement practices;
- A thorough understanding of relevant Procurement Policies and Procedures;
- Proven management capacity
- Language requirements - we require Arabic and English for the Egypt/Jordan/Lebanon position (with French an advantage) and Arabic and French for the Morocco/Tunisia position (with English an advantage).
- Strong analytical skills;
- Experience in handling complaints and interpreting complex documents and policies;
- Command of written and spoken English and other working language(s) of the Bank, would be advantageous.
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities.