Integrated Procurement Manager
Integrated Procurement manager
Location: Salford with UK Wide travel
This is a unique opportunity to join NHS Shared Business Services, a leading NHS procurement partner. Our Integrated Procurement function has recently re-shaped to provide procurement services in a flexible and innovative way with significant growth planned over 2019 and coming years.
As a leading NHS partner, we offer timely, significant and tangible cost improvements for clients through embedded procurement expertise. We are looking for a procurement professional who is passionate about delivering procurement as a service, who can use their knowledge and expertise to help deliver compelling procurement proposals to customers and who is able to drive their team to success.
If you are an established procurement leader looking for a new challenge; this is an excellent time to join us.
As a leader within the purchasing and supply function, you will provide and manage a professional procurement service to the customer, contributing to and managing the achievement of a corporate plan, specifically (but not limited to):-
- Propose and support the development of new and innovative business service models and activities to assist with driving continuous improvement against existing accounts, maintaining marketplace relevance for Integrated Procurement Services and increasing the scope of benefits offered to the customer.
- Develop customer new business proposals, tenders or customer mergers and acquisitions, engaging effectively with NHS SBS Business Development and Client Partnership colleagues to bring opportunities to a successful conclusion in line with customer need.
- Initiate, establish and lead (where appropriate) senior level relationships with NHS SBS potential customer organisations, such as interacting with Board level representatives, Executive and Non- Executive Directors, Directors of Finance, Senior Management Staff, Heads of Department to promote NHS SBS procurement services and develop opportunities.
- Develop a strong NHS SBS business network to present a ‘one SBS’ service to customers who take multiple services and ensure valuable support to colleagues as required.
- Responsibility for delivering migration activities for new client(s) for IPS service areas to establish a high-quality procurement service from day one, ensuring commercial, HR and service expectations are met.
- Management of Integrated Procurement Services (IPS) customer relationships, building rapport and confidence with existing customers to be the ‘face’ of NHS SBS procurement services and developing additional opportunities beneficial to both parties.
- Be responsible and a key owner of contract effectiveness for IPS customers, delivering against expectations, aligning service delivery with customers key initiatives and capturing and progressing any commercial aspects, linking in with NHS SBS colleagues as required.
- Mentor, support and manage direct reports, ensuring delivery of a successful service whilst maintaining a high morale within the team. Activities entail regular 1 to 1 sessions, PDI/ Objectives review, pastoral care etc.
- Effective delivery of a diverse portfolio of work, managing multiple requirements whilst meeting targets and deadlines across a wide geographical area with the requirement to travel regularly and at short notice.
- Regular reporting to the Head of IPS on risks, issues and successes ensuring a broader business overview of the status of IPS accounts and appropriate resolution of concerns.
Established in 2005, we are now the UK's leading provider of business services to the NHS, which include Finance & Accounting, Procurement and Employment Services. We currently work with 100% of the NHS Commissioning organisations and over a third of NHS Trusts, providing a high level of governance and accountability for around £100 billion of NHS spend annually. We also provide a full range of solutions for NHS Provider organisations, ensuring cost improvements and efficiency savings, as well as improved data management and reporting.
NHS SBS is a unique joint venture between the Department of Health and Sopra Steria. Our mission is delivering £1 billion savings back to the NHS by 2020 and we have already delivered audited savings of over £350m. We provide cost improvements of around 30% for our clients, as well as providing added value solutions.
Find out more
Visit the NHS SBS website and the NHS SBS LinkedIn company page.