This is a great opportunity to join the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Trusted by UK and global organisations to support and transform their procurement functions, our client designs and delivers innovative, flexible procurement solutions that help their clients manage and improve their supply chain.
Integrated Procurement Services (IPS) underpins the managed service solutions to its clients through the provision of tactical and transactional procurement. Through quality solutions, tailored to our customer needs, we helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too.
About the role:
As part of the Integrated Procurement Service (IPS) team, the role of a Buyer is a fast-paced and varied one. As well as undertaking spend management activities across multiple client accounts, as Buyer you will also take ownership of spot buying and providing and managing quotations across these important accounts.
In addition to their core responsibilities, IPS team members are supported and trained to assist in other areas across the team, giving each employee the opportunity to expand their expertise. Therefore, it’s important that you are willing to develop both yourself and the service, with an adaptability to change pace and prioritise where and when required.
What you will do:
- Proactively review data and identify opportunities to aggregate requirements and recommend opportunities for cost avoidance and/or reduction
- Manage and execute the tactical buying process for general, low-mid value spend categories
- Attend client meetings to discuss and understand client requirements to identify and deliver optimal tactical buying outcomes and savings, while also providing clients guidance on relevant legislation
- Undertaking the end to end management of quotation activities including market research, supply options appraisal, to identify opportunities to reduce costs and drive process efficiencies
- Utilisation of eRfX tools and execution of standardised tactical buying tools and techniques
- Receiving and processing/placing and/or expediting (where appropriate) Purchase Requests through a variety of workflow tools following client specific policy and process
Your experience will include:
- Sufficient previous experience of working in a similar role
- Proven track record in delivering savings initiatives
- Excellent data input and accuracy skills
- A working knowledge of ERP and eRfX systems and proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- A working knowledge, and understanding, of OJEU legislation (desirable)
- Studying, or a desire to study CIPS
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details to email@example.com or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.