Contract Manager (Senior Executive Officer)
The Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) is a non-departmental public body sponsored by the Home Office. We provide information to employers and other organisations in England and Wales (and barring information only in Northern Ireland) so they can make informed recruitment and licensing decisions, especially for employees and volunteers working with vulnerable groups. We also determine whether an individual can take up relevant posts by making decisions about inclusion on a barred list.
What we do really matters. Interested in joining us?
The DBS are looking to recruit inspiring people who meet our high standards and help us achieve our potential. As part of our vibrant team, you will enjoy excellent facilities and a warm and supportive working environment. You will support the Head of Commercial in the management of DBS suppliers, contract tendering and the management of the Commercial team. This includes ensuring that all KPIs are delivered and effective audit, management and financial controls are in place within your control.
Key accountabilities will include:
• Working in cross-functional and cross-discipline teams to implement strategic and tactical contract management, supplier management and relationship management capabilities;
• Managing the procurement pipeline, creating invitation to tender documentation and running tender processes through to contract award;
• Playing an active part as a member of the DBS middle management team in supporting the Senior Leadership Team to develop the organisation, ensuring a continued focus on achieving value for money (VFM);
• Providing effective commercial management / relationship management of DBS strategic supplier contracts in a multi-supplier environment.
A full list of accountabilities can be found on our website.
• MCIPS qualified (or equivalent) or be in the latter stages of qualification;
• Experience in a middle management Commercial role.
• Experience in the management of strategic Contracts
• Public contracts procurement experience
Benefits: In addition to a base salary, we offer a range of benefits including: generous annual leave allowance; commitment to the health and wellbeing of our staff; employee assistance programme; flexible working opportunities; childcare voucher scheme; eye care voucher scheme; cycle to work scheme.
For more information and to apply, please visit www.civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk
The closing date for applications is Monday 29th October 2018.