Senior Supply Chain Specialist, IT | Global Leader | West Sussex
This leading service provider has operations spanning 5 key locations across Europe and currently service over 6 million customers making them the largest supplier by volume in their industry. They have a forward thinking and innovative approach to sustainability and are renowned for the various initiatives they have introduced on a national scale. Working in a highly competitive and dynamic industry they need employees who share their vision and allow them to retain their position as market leader. You’ll work within a fast paced, dynamic environment which will allow the right person to flourish and develop in this forward-thinking organisation.
Sound like you? You’ll report directly to the Supply Chain Manager and will be given end to end responsibility for the IT category where you will be expected to own the supplier relationships through the entire supplier lifecycle. Opportunities to utilise group synergies will be expected to be taken where appropriate which will require a close working relationship with the wider Procurement team across Europe, giving you invaluable Global exposure to key stakeholders.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To identify requirements and support the delivery of the Supply Chain Strategy for the assigned category, in conjunction with the business strategy, taking account of other activities within the Supply Chain portfolio and helping to drive the supply chain strategy to conclusion in a timely and professional manner;
- Ensure that all supply chain activities are carried out in an ethical and controlled manner in line with supply chain policy and procedures;
- To generate and record savings for the company through effective supply chain management;
- Develop a supplier base that is appropriate to the size and complexity of the organisation, and mitigate supplier risk;
Skills and Achievements:
- The post holder will be a member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) or a student member working towards the professional qualification
- Managed offshore services desirable
- Demonstrated stakeholder management skills with experience and ability in working with and advising Senior Management
- Experience of developing supply chain strategies for projects.
- A good level of understanding of contract and commercial law and sound understanding of contractual terms and conditions.
- Experience in Bid Process Management including supplier sourcing, documentation, evaluation and selection and managing the tendering and award of contracts for high value multidiscipline contracts.