Junior Procurement Strategy Consultant - FastTrack
A great opportunity has become available for a talented Junior Procurement Strategy Consultant with a preferred background in Retail, FMCG, Consultancy or Automotive industries. The successful procurement professional will manage a large spend in various areas of GNFR, covering areas from strategically sourcing equipment through to project managing the roll out of the equipment within warehouses and retail stores. This role additionally provides the successful procurement strategy consultant the potential to develop new cost saving strategies throughout the various GNFR areas. The complete autonomy that is associated with this role is what makes it so unique, the successful Junior Procurement Category Manager will be given the freedom to heavily influence different areas of the procurement function within a global firm.
Situated in London this world leading FMCG firm have state of the art modern offices and this role comes along with an exceptional package, catered to ensuring staff satisfaction with the option to travel to their international offices and abroad to meet global suppliers. Working closely with senior members of the procurement team you will gain great visibility and learn from best in class procurement professionals with the option within a few years to grow into a senior procurement consultant.
Junior Procurement Strategy Consultant Responsibilities:
- Managing a large procurement spend across various GNFR sub-categories ensuring best for value products are strategically sourced
- Develop new innovative procurement cost saving strategies and reporting to senior members within the company to outline and present how the organisation can take advantage of them
- Negotiate and create relationships with internal & external suppliers whilst developing a strong network for the various GNFR categories
- Make use of technology and P2P technology ensuring best for value products are sourced and received, paid for and rolled out on time.
- Manage stakeholder relationships - ensuring products and materials are delivered on time, adhering to just in time delivery policies.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Show consistent progression from graduate scheme with a blue chip organisation to buyer position within a 4 year period
- Strong procurement experience within retail or FMCG is desirable along with Automotive industry or Pharma experience.
- Great experience managing a large procurement spend and delivering large savings
- History of negotiating with the ability to influence decisions in your favour
- Great communication skills with past experience manging supplier and stakeholder relationships
- Friendly driven person looking to maintain high standards and set an example for their self as well as others
- IT literate ability to use P2P systems such as: SAP Ariba/Oracle
- CIPs (Desirable)
- Degree level 2:1 or equivalent (desirable)
If this role is of interest and you feel you have the relevant skills and experience please contact Patrick at jobsPH@bramwithconsulting.co.uk