IT - PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST (2615)
Salary: £Competitive), excellent rewards and benefits - Our payslip is only part of the package
The Gatwick IT function is widely considered by industry leaders and trade press as being in the top 5 most innovative airports in the world. The IT function has recently won several digital innovation awards including best in-house digital team of the year; best use of mobile technology; best corporate app; business IT innovation of the year and most innovative use of digital technology.
The IT Procurement Specialist will be a major factor in ensuring the continued term success of the IT function. Working alongside stakeholders across IT in the delivery of agreed objectives you will provide support and guidance ensuring adherence to procurement, governance and levels of authority procedures.
Reporting to the Category manager the IT Procurement Specialist will be responsible for procuring across a wide range of activities and budgets, leading supplier tender and contract negotiations, ensuring GAL achieves a best in class IT suite. As a business critical role its essential you have an engaging personality and the ability to deliver in an autonomous manner.
Qualifications and experience
- An extensive and demonstrable proven IT category track record within a blue chip company.
- Experience in working in a fast paced organisation on multiple projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Being able to draft and negotiate complex contract structures to meet significant business objectives.
- Excellent communicator with strong written and presentation skills.
- Able to demonstrate examples of cost reduction following identification of opportunities
- Able to challenge while maintaining good stakeholder relationships
- Excellent team player who thrives in a fast pace and challenging environment
- Working towards MCIPS qualification
Gatwick Airport Limited (GAL) is the most efficient single runway airport in the world. It serves more than 46 million passengers to 228 destinations in 74 countries a year on a short and long-haul point-to-point basis. To become the most efficient single runway in the world Gatwick has had to set a number of world firsts in terms of process, people and technology excellence in a highly complex and fast moving environment. GAL has won numerous awards in its history, including over ten major awards in 2017 alone. These awards include airport of the year; best airport; favourite airport for short-haul flights and marketing campaign of the year by a retailer.