Procurement Manager - IT
The Procurement Manager will work alongside the Category Manager in the delivery of agreed objectives in line with the procurement strategy, providing a commercial procurement category management function. They will provide procurement strategy support and guidance to the delivery teams ensuring adherence to procurement, governance and levels of authority procedures.
The Procurement Manager will work across a wide range of procurement activities from higher volume, lower value spend to large scale projects all within the category strategy developed by the Category Manager.
This role will principally support the Information Technology requirements of the business, but there may be other areas of focus depending on business and team priorities.
- You will engage with key partners to understand business requirements and to implement the category strategy.
- Supporting the Category Manager on the planning and prioritisation activities to ensure that the most important opportunities in terms of business needs, cost savings and risk mitigation are delivered and that the right priorities are selected.
- You will advise the business on procurement policies, processes and best practice, providing support as required.
- You will manage and drive key sourcing activities for business projects up to £5m ensuring that they are delivered on time and to budget with appropriate risk management.
- Leading the commercial and contractual interactions with external suppliers where appropriate.
- Identify opportunities to improve commercial and operational performance.
- Understanding of category budget to drive change to the business spending behaviour and deliver cost savings.
- Execute various sourcing activities which generate benefits and achieve stretching financial savings targets.
- Able to influence and drive change across Procurement & Supply Chain.
- Play an active role in overall procurement team initiatives, process reviews and meetings; willing to bring energy and a can do attitude.
- Continuously improving the P2P “buying experience” of the GAL buying community.
- Liaise with GAL Legal on ensuring correct terms and conditions are used and any non-standard clauses are approved before use.
Qualifications and experience
- An extensive and demonstrable proven IT category track record within a blue chip company.
- Experience in working in a fast paced organisation on multiply projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Being able to draft and negotiate complex contract structures to meet significant business objectives.
- Excellent communicator with strong written and presentation skills.
- Able to demonstrate examples of cost reduction following identification of opportunities
- Able to challenge while maintaining good stakeholder relationships
- Excellent team player who thrives in a fast pace and challenging environment
- Degree calibre or significant experience of commensurate / comparable level.
- Working towards MCIPS qualification