Procurement Consultant (Global Remit) - Retailer
An innovative world leading retailer are seeking an ambitious procurement professional to join their fast growing procurement function. With an array of multi million pound projects in the pipeline, you will be able to gain autonomy early on and great responsibility interacting and dealing with suppliers globally. At the beginning of 2018 this world leading retailer invested millions into various new technologies to ensure the remain at the forefront of the retail market.
Situated in London this world leading FMCG firm have state of the art modern offices with the role comes a great package, catered to ensuring staff satisfaction with the potential opportunity to travel to the retailer's global offices in locations throughout Asia, Europe and the Americas. Working alongside a wide variety of international suppliers you will gain a global remit with this role. A key factor to this organisations success is their high staff retention rate which is due to endless progression opportunities.
Procurement Consultant responsibilities:-
- Managing a large GNFR spend throughout several GNFR sub-categories ensuring best value products are sourced globally.
- Develop new innovative procurement cost saving strategies and reporting to key members within the company outlining and presenting how the organisation can take full advantage of them.
- Category management including: internal stakeholder management, full procurement cycle involvement from tendering through to supplier relationship management, contract, performance and risk management.
- Negotiate and create relationships with both internal & external suppliers whilst developing a strong network for the various areas across GNFR.
- Manage stakeholder relationships ensuring products and materials are delivered on time adhering to JIT policies.
- Cost controlling and forecasting the largest spend category within the procurement department.
- Training and managing junior members of staff
Key skills & Experience:-
- Strong introduction from procurement from a FTSE250 graduate scheme showing consistent progression year on year.
- Previous involvement throughout all areas of the procurement life cycle from tendering through to contract negotiations.
- Previous experience managing a big budget procurement spend and delivering large savings.
- Past experience negotiating with large suppliers showing the commercial gravitas and stakeholder management skills to negotiate.
- Prior experience forecasting spend or carrying out spend analysis is desirable
- Degree Level 2:1 or equivalent is desirable
If this role is potentially of interest to you and you feel you have the relevant skills and experience please contact Patrick at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Procurement Consultant (Global Remit) - Retailer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly