Interim Commercial Manager
We have a Public Sector client based in Hampshire who are looking for 5 Interim Commercial Managers on a contract that will run until November 2019. This role is INSIDE IR35 on a maximum day rate of £425.
Key Tasks & Deliverables:
- Providing procurement and commercial service [within delegated authority limits] ensuring contracts and suppliers meet DSTL’s requirements for operational and contractual delivery.
- Managing procurements through the development and implementation of effective contracts with appropriate suppliers, considering internal needs and supply market characteristics.
- Using a range of EU compliant procurement routes and tools as appropriate.
- Developing market and commodity intelligence, making use of internal and external data.
- Making use of effective procurement approaches and processes.
- Providing direct support and advice as appropriate, including acting as the 'advisor' on issues such as commercial approaches, evaluation processes and negotiation strategies.
- Developing strong relationships with stakeholders in order to fully understand their needs
- Using a range of supplier performance monitoring techniques to ensure business objectives are being achieved.
- Developing an understanding of the external supplier base supporting the Divisions.
- MUST HAVE worked in with either the MOD or DSTL in the last 3 years or alternatively in Central Government
- MCIPS or equivalent
- Domain Knowledge
- Contracting and procurement in the Defence and Security Environment.
- Contracting for research.
- Working knowledge of DSPCR and/or PCR.
- OJEU Experience would be beneficial
- Knowledge of EU Regulations
- Contract management