Are you looking for a role where you provide commercial advice to stakeholders managing strategic bottleneck categories, and supporting a Contract Management team in the management of Strategic contracts? If so, this opportunity is not to be missed.
Our client, a prominent & highly commercial Public Sector services organisation in London is looking to appoint a number of Senior Category Managers and Category Managers who will develop category strategies and deliver sourcing requirements within Commercial Services.
In this role you will:
· Provide a procurement service which delivers demonstrable value for money and compliant goods and services contracts as part of a team of procurement professionals supporting business as usual and project activities.
· Develop stakeholder relationships, enabling early engagement and challenging business demand and need.
· Provide commercial advice to stakeholders on all aspects of commercial
· Manage ‘Strategic’/’Bottleneck’ categories and or support Contract Management team in management of Strategic contracts within relevant category.
· Support the development of specifications to deliver requirements that are in line with business needs, category strategy and market trends.
· Engage where required, with the relevant senior business lead, ensuring that business requirements are supported by category strategies.
· Ensure compliance with all relevant contracts.
You will be/have:
· A highly effective communicator who can work with a range of senior stakeholders and senior managers.
· A good level of understanding across category discipline and the ability to work with diverse groups of stakeholders.
· Excellent stakeholder management skills.
· Excellent time management and delegation skills.
· Excellent written & oral communication and interpersonal skill. Open minded and a good listener (to understand differing needs) but also persuasive and influential at a senior level.
· Excellent report writing skills.
· Strong customer service skills and the ability to deal with complaints/escalations and bring to a successful conclusion.
· A successful career in procurement with strong category management experience with demonstrable achievements centred of best value and efficiency via leading edge category solutions
· A comprehensive understanding EU Procurement Legislation (Public Contract Regulations and Defence and Security Public Contract Regulations.
· Ideally MCIPS qualified or working towards.
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details to email@example.com or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.