5 days left
- Full Time
Are you looking for a role where you provide commercial advice to stakeholders managing strategic bottleneck categories, and supporting a Contract Management team in the management of Strategic contracts? If so, this opportunity is not to be missed.
Our client, a prominent & highly commercial Public Sector services organisation in London is looking to appoint a number of Senior Category Managers and Category Managers who will develop category strategies and deliver sourcing requirements within Commercial Services.
In this role you will:
· Provide a procurement service which delivers demonstrable value for money and compliant goods and services contracts as part of a team of procurement professionals supporting business as usual and project activities.
· Develop stakeholder relationships, enabling early engagement and challenging business demand and need.
· Provide commercial advice to stakeholders on all aspects of commercial
· Manage ‘Strategic’/’Bottleneck’ categories and or support Contract Management team in management of Strategic contracts within relevant category.
· Support the development of specifications to deliver requirements that are in line with business needs, category strategy and market trends.
· Engage where required, with the relevant senior business lead, ensuring that business requirements are supported by category strategies.
· Ensure compliance with all relevant contracts.
You will be/have:
· A highly effective communicator who can work with a range of senior stakeholders and senior managers.
· A good level of understanding across category discipline and the ability to work with diverse groups of stakeholders.
· Excellent stakeholder management skills.
· Excellent time management and delegation skills.
· Excellent written & oral communication and interpersonal skill. Open minded and a good listener (to understand differing needs) but also persuasive and influential at a senior level.
· Excellent report writing skills.
· Strong customer service skills and the ability to deal with complaints/escalations and bring to a successful conclusion.
· A successful career in procurement with strong category management experience with demonstrable achievements centred of best value and efficiency via leading edge category solutions
· A comprehensive understanding EU Procurement Legislation (Public Contract Regulations and Defence and Security Public Contract Regulations.
· Ideally MCIPS qualified or working towards.
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.
Apply for Category Managers
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly