Senior Category Manager
Are you an experienced commercial Category Manager looking to take on a new challenge?
Pennon Group is one of the largest environmental infrastructure groups in the UK. At the top end of the FTSE 250, the Group has a workforce of around 5,000 people. Together, we will build the most trusted environmental solutions company in the UK providing infrastructure and services that enhance our customers’ lives, protect the environment and deliver growth for our shareholders.
Due to continued success and growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen to join one of South Devon’s leading employers as a Senior Category Manager within our Group Procurement function based in Exeter.
Joining our team, the Senior Category Manager will support the Head of Procurement by delivering strategic purchasing duties, whilst contributing to the development of the Group’s future plans. You will ensure compliance with the Government procurement requirements (OJEU regulations), whilst maintaining a commercial focus aligned to business objectives; as well as supporting the delivery of innovation through engagement of the supply chain. Duties include:
- Managing a team of Category Managers and their direct category portfolios
- Responsibility for all procurement activities assigned to you
- Maintain and develop procurement strategies and policies for the Group
- Ensure commercial and sustainability governance and compliance are maintained
- Contribute to future planning and direction of a rapidly developing function
- Deliver Supplier Relationship Management aligned to business objectives
Our Ideal Senior Category Manager will have / be...
- Qualified to MCIPS level (or equivalent) and Degree or equivalent in commercial or technical discipline
- Significant experience in procurement including strategic sourcing
- Experience of commercial and contractual negotiation of supply chain contracts
- Experience of negotiating complex supply contracts including change management, TUPE, asset transfer, EU Procurement rules
- Experience of leading and managing teams and Cross Functional Teams
- Working knowledge of standard forms of contract - including NEC3 & IChemE
You will have a proven track record of procurement excellence, team management experience, strong commercial acumen, a comprehensive knowledge of EU procurement law, and NEC forms of Contracts.
Rewards & Benefits
In return for your hard work as our Senior Category Manager, we can offer a competitive salary plus excellent benefits, including pension, healthcare and a range of flexible benefits.
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, apply now for the role of Senior Category Manager.