Category Advisor (place) - ref 6423NR
London Borough of Merton - Commercial Services – new opportunity
Category Advisor (Place) - £43,734 - £46,578
This role come with an excellent benefits package including a Local Authority pension scheme, attractive holiday allowance and the potential for flexible working. You will also benefit from investment in training and development, and the opportunity to shape your career in an environment where the strategic significance and positive impact of procurement is recognised.
We are working exclusively with our client, the London Borough of Merton, to recruit at the Category Advisor level as part of the growth and development of a strategic, progressive and collaborative category management focussed team which will deliver complex, strategic & innovative commercial projects.
Led by the Head of Commercial Services the team’s deliverables include:-
- Managing a number of strategic commercial projects in the People Category area at any given time (corporate, estates, IT, environment); looking to redefine the Council's needs and requirements in order to ensure the best value service delivery models and delivery of key savings
- Driving a commercial approach to contracting across the Authority, in line with EU requirements
- Proactively seeking new opportunities for the Council to procure and deliver services in new and more efficient ways, including the incorporation of social value aspects into contracts
- Developing and maintaining strong stakeholder relationships
- Identifying Income Generation opportunities
- Demonstrating a strategic, commercial and collaborative spirit
Key Candidate Criteria:-
- In-depth knowledge and practical experience of procurement best practice and commercial delivery within a centralised function, ideally gained in both the private and public sectors.
- Knowledge of category management and its commercial value coupled with the ability to challenge the status quo, influence and deliver best value
- Management experience is desirable
- A working knowledge of OJEU procurement protocol is essential.
- MCIPS certification or working towards MCIPS or relevant experience working within a professional / commercial procurement environment.
Why the London Borough of Merton?
As part of Merton’s drive to be `London’s Best Council’ Commercial Services has received substantial investment to fund the expansion of the team to help deliver additional value to the council and community.
“These are exciting times at Merton; we are working to be London’s Best Council, following on from our recognition as MJ Best Achieving Council in 2013. Merton is an ambitious Council that is delivering economic growth whilst maintaining a good quality of life and environment for all who live and work here”. LB Merton Chief Executive, Ged Curran. Merton also received the award for Best Small Business Friendly Procurement to Support Local Trade 2017
For further information on all these opportunities please submit your details in a Microsoft Word format to email@example.com or call +44(0)844 847 8336 quoting reference number 6423NR. All direct applications will be forwarded on to Nathan Ramsay, Head of Public Sector Practice at Langley Search & Interim.
Langley Search & Interim is a specialist search firm and interim provider of end-to-end Supply Chain roles, including Procurement and Operational Excellence positions across the UK, Europe and Internationally. We place senior level interim and permanent positions from global multinationals to SMEs, across Consumer, Industrial, Public Sector and Technology & Professional Services.
Take a look at our website at www.langleysearch.com and join our LinkedIn community at http://bit.ly/1MzkDeV for the latest industry insight, news and more exciting opportunities. As the leading niche recruiter of end-to-end Supply Chain, Procurement and Operational Excellence jobs, we also provide valued career advice and support services for candidates.
Unfortunately due to the high levels of response we receive, we are often unable to personally respond to every application. If you are suitable for the role for which you have applied or another role, we will contact you within 5 working days.