5 days left
- CIPS Membership
- CIPS member
We have up to two vacancies on a 12 month fixed-term basis for Procurement Specialists within the Procurement Team of Commercial Services. The roles act as the front line commercial representative for a range of Operational and Transactional procurements, and will have a degree of autonomy to integrate and work with stakeholders to ensure improved procurement planning, right decision-making, execution and continual commercial management activities.
The role will be responsible for supporting other Procurement Specialists and Procurement Managers in providing commercial and analytical support and working within the wider Commercial Services team to ensure effective contracts with suppliers with appropriate service level agreements and key performance indicators are agreed and measured.
The post holder will determine the level of engagement required for each procurement based on spend, complexity, risk and opportunity and will effectively communicate this to the relevant stakeholders. The assessments can range from a light touch approach to more significant engagement.
In support of the Commercial Services Team, the Procurement Specialist(s) support the development, maintenance and Council wide implementation of Procurement and Category Management strategies for the primary areas of Construction / Civil Engineering, and Facilities Management although other Category areas may be in scope, therefore related experience in these category areas would be an advantage. The role will also support the development and maintenance of related structures, processes, policies and procedures aligned to the Corporate Commercial Services Strategy, based upon a centralised fully integrated model.
The post holder will identify synergy and cost saving opportunities across the categories within their portfolio; improving commercial management processes, merging segmented spend, proposing more effective delivery or performance techniques, and suggest the implementation of changes to quality standards negotiating solutions with all relevant stakeholders.
You will have:
- Relevant professional qualification and / or membership of professional body - e.g. the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (MCIPS) or willingness to working towards qualifications
- Successful and consistent experience of working in a relevant procurement and / or contract management functional area
- Good commercial and contract management knowledge and experience (internal and industry insight)
- Experience in working with suppliers / partners in a supplier or commercially focused role
- Commercial acumen and experience of delivering value for money and cost reduction through improving contract performance processes and cross contract segmentation
- Good understanding of the principles, tools and techniques associated with Procurement and / or Category Management
- Proven ability to manage, negotiate and communicate with a number of stakeholders
- Excellent analytical, financial and problem solving skills.
Closing Date: 19th November 2018
To apply for this role, please visit our website using the link provided.