Junior Procurement Category Manager - Fast Track
Throughout the past 2 years this growing retailer have been gaining substantial market share resulting in an expansion in their procurement department. This retailer is seeking an ambitious procurement professional to develop cost saving strategies across their expanding procurement function. Operating within the largest area of procurement spend within the business the successful individual will collaborate with the UK indirects procurement leader to develop innovative and dynamic new procurement processes. Joining the business during a time of great revenue growth you can expect to gain autonomy working on several multi million pound projects. This organisation are known for developing best in class procurement professionals and have a great career development program in place to ensure you progress into a senior manager position within a 2 year timeframe.
With the introduction of 40 new stores throughout the UK in 2018 this role will offer you the opportunity to work on several multi million pound procurement projects. This retailer have a great staff retention rate due to their award winning employee engagement program. With a diverse workforce and emphasis on weekly team social events this FTSE250 firm will provide you with a good work life balance.
Junior Global Procurement Manager Job Profile:-
- Collaborating with international stakeholders to determine the UK indirects strategy for 1,500 stores.
- Working on extensive indirect category defining how to maximise profitability/value from various items.
- Collaborating with various areas of the business including procurement, supply chain, legal, sourcing, finance, marketing and operations.
- Developing relationships with new and existing suppliers and clients ensuring consistent best valued products and services are strategically sourced.
- Good procurement foundation within a blue chip organisation across the following industries: FMCG, Automotive, Retail, Manufacturing or Consultancy
- Development year on year from graduate scheme to buyer within a 5 year period
- Involvement in whole procurement life cycle from cradle to grave
- Previous project management experience possessing the ability to carry out risk analysis is desirable.
- Management consulting experience is of great benefit but not required
- Degree essential
- Prince 2 desirable
- CIPS preferred but not required
For more information, please apply directly through this website or e-mail through an up to date copy of your CV to:- JobsPH@bramwithconsulting.co.uk