Head of Procurement
Simworx Ltd is one of the world’s leading companies in supplying award winning Media Based Attractions to Theme Parks and Visitor Attractions worldwide. Involving dynamic motion bases, robotics, flying theatres, Virtual Reality and huge 3D Projection systems - some of the amazing rides that we have produced include Derren Brown’s Ghost Train at Thorpe Park, UK; Racing Legends at Ferrari World, Spain; Kung Fu Panda in Dubai and Marvel Avengers in Indonesia to name but a few. Take a look at some of our rides and installations at www.simworx.co.uk
Operating from a modern manufacturing facility in Kingswinford, West Midlands, Simworx are currently engaging in an exciting period of expansion including new projects as well as continued new product development to a global market.
Based in the UK you would be responsible for running a small team to deliver all aspects of Procurement for multiple projects delivered globally, with the objective of ensuring all products are delivered, on time on budget and of the highest standard that meets all stakeholder expectations.
The role is expected to provide strong leadership and to promote best practice and value for money to ensure successful project delivery. This role will also ensure that all departments have the correct processes in place and that all relevant staff are trained and equipped to deliver successfully.
The successful candidate will provide expert knowledge of UK, EU and Global procurement legislation, supplier and contract management and the ability to report accurately project status to the General Manager and Senior Leadership Team.
Strong programme management and excellent organisational skills are fundamental, as is the ability to liaise with people at all levels of the organisation.
The continued development, and on-going iteration of the Simworx’s project delivery processes is a key part of the role.
Main duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the development, implementation and on-going management of the procurement Strategy to ensure Value for Money
- To lead the development and implementation of procurement policies and system strategies to support tendering, contract management, spend analytics and supplier performance management
- To lead the development of new supply chains, to create greater competition and categories procurement strategies to meet business objectives.
- To drive continuous improvement in best value and quality improvement both internally and with external suppliers through challenging existing practices and actively seeking ways to improve.
- Setting and monitoring performance through implementation of key performance and financial targets and taking corrective measures where necessary.
- Leverage resources across all departments to ensure business goals are met
- Support the General Manager (GM) and Senior Leadership Team (SLT) to ensure all contractual and commercial risks are identified and minimized.
- To work with all project delivery department to ensure value for money strategy is followed on all transactions.
- To report to the Senior Leadership Team when necessary to provide up to date report on procurement to include development of strategies, demonstration of Value for money and compliance to regulatory requirements including Anti Bribery and Corruption and Fraud.
- To ensure all aspects of regulatory compliance are adhered to with regard to Procurement policies and implement strategies that protect the companies contractual and commercial risk.
- To develop excellent and collaborative relationships with key suppliers and stakeholders to ensure strategic and operational needs are fully understood and met.
- Implement appropriate Frameworks if necessary.
- To facilitate and develop relationships with existing and potential suppliers
- To establish and manage future demand and capacity planning including the development of supplier risk management.
- To act as the conduit for formal communication with external companies during the procurement process.
- To lead and motivate staff to ensure they receive the appropriate support and training to achieve their potential.
- To promote the procurement process across the business and engender a culture of best practice through continuous improvement
Education / Qualifications
Honours Degree or equivalent
Qualified purchasing professional (MCIPS) or be in a position to achieve within a 12-month period and demonstrate significant experience
Project Management Qualification - preferred but not essential
Experience / Knowledge
Detailed knowledge of UK, EU and global procurement legislation, supplier and contract management.
Experience in procuring contracts.
Experience in implementation and use of procurement systems.
Strong working knowledge of procurement processes
High level of Programme management skills.
Extensive expertise, having operated at a strategic level and strong track record of delivering financial savings.
Proven track record in working in an environment where customers’ needs are variable.
Experience of tendering and managing high value contracts exceeding £1m
Experience in managing multiple projects globally
Experience of implementing best practice contract and supplier management.
Experience of working in the entertainment/ theme park or bespoke engineering sectors.
Skills / Personal Requirements
Excellent communication and influencing skills including negotiation and contracting
Experience in developing and managing staff.
Good level of networking skills and the proven ability to meet deadlines and targets.
Good team work skills actively involve colleagues across the business to build the benefits of collaborative working.
Self-Developer – acts as a role model to others invests time in their own development and encouragement of others
Planning and project Management skills