We are working with a Private Sector client based in their Buying Hub in Newcastle who are on the look for a Procurement Manager to join their growing team.
The Procurement Manager will report into the Head of Procurement Operations and will be responsible for leading a team of Procurement Specialists, who provide key support to our clients and Client Services Team. The role will drive a high-performance team environment, leading to client satisfaction and delivery. The role will be the escalation point from the Procurement Specialists, and lead on complex projects.
Key Tasks & Deliverables include:
- Effective management of team, covering all aspects including performance, development, and allocation of projects, balancing appropriately based on capacity and category
- Close monitoring of team delivery, ensuring client and supplier requirements and specifications are met. Use of data to monitor project delivery and quality.
- Running complex sourcing events, including clarifying requirements and developing specifications with clients and identifying suitable suppliers for specific projects
- Supplier and client negotiation, including the negotiation of contracts, and improving prices and terms of business with suppliers
- Tracking delivery of projects across whole team through milestones to completion
- Provide MI and data analysis on costs and team and project performance
- Assess and evaluate suppliers and contribute to performance reviews to ensure contract compliance
- Conduct research across professional services categories and markets, evaluate, recruit and accredit new suppliers to increase the capacity and capability of our supply chain.
- Share best practices with colleagues and customers to ensure client becomes both efficient and adds value to its customer base
- Support the purchase function and other relevant departments and communicate any supply problems which may impact on customers
- Team leader experience
- Good knowledge of modern procurement practices; strong analytical and communication skills and works well within a team
- Knowledge of eSourcing and tendering solutions
- Considerable demonstrable category and sourcing experience within a private or public-sector organisation.
- Commercially aware and a competent negotiator
- Professional approach; natural relationship builder
- Ability to prioritise multiple projects whilst maintaining client commitments in a fast-paced environment
- A self-starter; highly motivated, results driven and with excellent attention to detail
- Broad understanding of local or central government department, health authority, or education establishments
- Achieved or working towards CIPS qualification
More searches like this
- Purchasing, supply (main) Public Sector Manager jobs in £40,000 - £49,999
- Buying Public Sector Manager jobs in £40,000 - £49,999
- Contracts Public Sector Manager jobs in £40,000 - £49,999
- Logistics Public Sector Manager jobs in £40,000 - £49,999
- Operations Public Sector Manager jobs in £40,000 - £49,999