Senior Product Sourcing Manager - International
Langley Search & Interim is retained by our client, a large, successful international business with operations in over 50 countries, to find them a Senior Product Sourcing Manager to be based near Heathrow in the UK. You will join a progressive, professional procurement team based globally. Their customers span a broad range of sectors, including energy & transportation, FMCG, pharmaceutical & manufacturing businesses.
Reporting to their Senior Procurement Team Leader based in the US, your role will be to work with stakeholders (such as engineering, product developers, sales and other category managers globally) to develop the design of their plants for the future to gain competitive advantage and reduce costs. You will be part of a team based in the Far East, India, the UK and US.
- Reduce the costs of buying and operating plants globally by supporting the product development cycle.
- Work with other procurement category teams to drive change in the area of new design of plants. This will involve challenging the current ‘norms’ and promoting the use of low cost sourcing where relevant.
- Identify and develop business cases for new supply solutions and prioritise sourcing objectives to achieve these objectives
- Identify, develop and manage suppliers taking account of safety, commercial and capacity risks.
Ideally you will have:
- Demonstrably strong influencing skills, including across different cultures, geographies and functions.
- Experience in the chemical, petro or heavy manufacturing sector would be advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and across technical and non-technical information, internally and externally.
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- A strong understanding of macro-economic factors and their impact
- Financial and business acumen
- A desire to work in a fast-paced environment – a natural team player
- A first degree or at degree level. Subject areas in supply chain, engineering or business preferred. An MBA would be advantageous
- Excellent technical skills including knowledge of all aspects of procurement, including but not limited to: Sourcing & selection, price/cost/modelling analysis, negotiation & contract law knowledge.
In return, our client will offer you a salary of up to £70k plus excellent benefits package, the chance to excel in an international environment & compelling culture, with excellent opportunities for growth and development.
For further information please submit your details to us or call on +44(0)7958 258258 quoting 6436/PERM/CL
Langley Search & Interim supplies Senior Category & Sourcing Managers in procurement in the UK & globally.
Langley Search & Interim supplies a unique blend of interim and permanent recruitment solutions for jobs in international commercial, procurement and supply chain roles across the UK, Europe, Far East and the US. We work with blue chips, privately owned businesses, the public sector and start-ups across the Consumer, Industrial, Public Sector, Technology and Professional Services Sectors. As the leading niche recruitment partner in commercial, procurement and supply chain jobs, Langley Search & Interim also provides valued career advice and support to candidates
Please note: Due to the high volume of applications we receive for posted roles, unfortunately we are unable to respond to each applicant. If we have not been in contact within a week, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion. We thank you for your continued interest in working with Langley Search & Interim.
More searches like this
- Purchasing, supply (main) Scientific Specialist jobs in £80,000 - £99,999
- Buying Scientific Specialist jobs in £80,000 - £99,999
- Contracts Scientific Specialist jobs in £80,000 - £99,999
- Procurement Scientific Specialist jobs in £80,000 - £99,999
- Supply chain Scientific Specialist jobs in £80,000 - £99,999