Senior Category Buyer
Senior Category Buyer - Capex/FF&E
Our client is a Major global organisation based in Southampton, who are undergoing extensive growth and expansion and as a result are seeking an experienced Senior Category Buyer covering categories which may include fixed fees/services (any products that pay a monthly fee for) i.e. Vacuum Cleaners, Chemicals, capital equipment etc.
Further responsibilities include:
- Develop Sourcing Strategies
- Engage effectively with the supply market for their category to bring value-added innovation and opportunities
- Manage, on behalf of the business, effective supplier relationships
- Lead and execute tendering, negotiating, contracting and contract management activities on significant spend areas within their category
- Identify and lead opportunities within their category to drive performance in supply, cost, quality, innovation and risk
- Conduct regular analysis of supplier spend and volume data, reducing overall supply chain costs or leveraging spends where scale allows
- Act as a Procurement Business partner for product/operations management
- Ideally, CIPS qualified or studying
- Be experienced in category management and development of sourcing strategies, and the end to end sourcing process
- Ideal sourcing experience of FF&E, Capex or purchasing of parts or similar, from within a technical environment would be preferable
- Have excellent negotiating skills drawing up and dealing with contracts of varying values and complexities, and managing supplier Service Level Agreements.
- Be commercially astute analyst, a natural problem solver