Senior Buyer - Leicestershire
Langley Search & Interim is working with a global electronics company to find a Senior Buyer to support the supply of communications & other equipment to their customers.
- Source category materials and consolidate requirements to gain a ‘best in class’ supply base an gain best ‘value for money’
- Develop, produce and review Category plans to provide continual input for review of the procurement strategy
- Provide relevant procurement expertise to the proposal/Bid Teams, ensuring procurement are commercially actively involved in new projects, direct materials, capex and indirect materials or services
- Development and manage supplier improvement plans in conjunction with other departments
- Monitor inventory levels, avoiding stock outs and overstocks where possible and reporting issues to management.
- Understand forecasts for specified products, monitor accuracy and challenge where necessary, reporting to the business on day to day scheduling/stock issues.
- Ensure required reports and KPIs are generated at the necessary frequency, monitored and utilised correctly to ensure improvement actions are generated and completed.
- Develop and manage supplier framework agreements
- Leadership and coaching of 2 direct reports
- Influence and co-operate with other departments including, internal suppliers, engineering, projects, bids & proposals, commercial, QHSE, finance, HR and facilities as appropriate
You should have the following:
- Full Membership of CIPS (to Level 6) and of degree calibre
- Experience of buying a technical/engineering product and services in a project based environment
- Working knowledge of contract law and associated drafting of contract terms
- Able to coach and lead a small team of direct reports
- Excellent negotiation skills, able to influence at all levels, good contract law knowledge
- Capable of building category plans and implementing a higher level purchasing strategy
- Ability to network, influence and build strong relationships both internally and externally in a multicultural European environment
- Strong IT skills (SAP, Microsoft Office, other web-based applications)
- Well-developed problem-solving skills
- Able to travel to other sites when needed
- Ability to balance and manage supply risk
- Able to use initiate and develop cost saving ideas and implement
This role is based in Leicestershire.
.For further information please submit your details to Christina. Langley@langleysearch.com +44(0)7958 258258 quoting 6444/PERM/CL
Langley Search & Interim supplies Senior Category Managers in Leicestershire, Yorkshire, West Midlands and across the UK & globally.
Langley Search & Interim supplies a unique blend of interim and permanent recruitment solutions for jobs in commercial, procurement and supply chain roles across the UK, Europe and internationally. We work with blue chips, privately owned businesses, the public sector and start-ups across the Consumer, Industrial, Public Sector, Technology and Professional Services Sectors. As the leading niche recruitment partner in commercial, procurement and supply chain jobs, Langley Search & Interim also provides valued career advice and support to candidates
.Please note: Due to the high volume of applications we receive for posted roles, unfortunately we are unable to respond to each applicant. If we have not been in contact within a week, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion. We thank you for your continued interest in working with Langley Search & Interim.
Apply for Senior Buyer - Leicestershire
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Purchasing, supply (main) Private sector Specialist jobs in £40,000 - £49,999
- Buying Private sector Specialist jobs in £40,000 - £49,999
- Contracts Private sector Specialist jobs in £40,000 - £49,999
- Procurement Private sector Specialist jobs in £40,000 - £49,999
- Category management Private sector Specialist jobs in £40,000 - £49,999