Are you based in the North East with a background in working for or supplying to the Public Sector and on the look for a new role in 2019? We are working with a Private Sector organisation based in Newcastle City Centre who are on the look for Procurement Manager to join their growing team. This is a permanent opportunity with a maximum salary of £40,000 on offer.
The Procurement Manager will report into the Head of Procurement Operations and will be responsible for leading a team of Procurement Specialists, who provide key support to our clients customers. The role will drive a high-performance team environment, leading to client satisfaction and delivery. The role will be the escalation point from the Procurement Specialists, and lead on complex projects.
- Effective management of team, covering all aspects including performance, development, and allocation of projects, balancing appropriately based on capacity and category
- Close monitoring of team delivery, ensuring client and supplier requirements and specifications are met. Use of data to monitor project delivery and quality.
- Running complex sourcing events, including clarifying requirements and developing specifications with clients and identifying suitable suppliers for specific projects
- Supplier and client negotiation, including the negotiation of contracts, and improving prices and terms of business with suppliers
- Tracking delivery of projects across whole team through milestones to completion
- Provide MI and data analysis on costs and team and project performance
- Assess and evaluate suppliers and contribute to performance reviews to ensure contract compliance
- Conduct research across professional services categories and markets, evaluate, recruit and accredit new suppliers to increase the capacity and capability of our supply chain.
- Share best practices with colleagues and customers to ensure client becomes both efficient and adds value to its customer base
- Support the purchase function and other relevant departments and communicate any supply problems which may impact on customers
- Team leader/managerial experience ideally working for/with the Public Sector in a procurement related role
- Good knowledge of modern procurement practices (OJEU and PCR); strong analytical and communication skills and works well within a team
- Knowledge of eSourcing and tendering solutions i.e. BravoSolution and/or Pro-Vide
- Category and sourcing experience within a private or public-sector organisation.
- Commercially aware, competent negotiator with strong relationship and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to prioritise multiple projects whilst maintaining client commitments in a fast-paced environment
- A self-starter; highly motivated, results driven and with excellent attention to detail
- Achieved or working towards CIPS qualification
More searches like this
- Purchasing, supply (main) Public Sector Manager jobs in £40,000 - £49,999
- Buying Public Sector Manager jobs in £40,000 - £49,999
- Contracts Public Sector Manager jobs in £40,000 - £49,999
- Logistics Public Sector Manager jobs in £40,000 - £49,999
- Operations Public Sector Manager jobs in £40,000 - £49,999