Supplier Relationship Manager
Do you have experience in either Client or Supplier Relationship Management and looking for a new role in 2019? We are supporting one of our clients with the recruitment of 2 Supplier Relationship Managers to join their successful and growing company. These are permanent opportunities based in Newcastle with a salary of up to £30,000 on offer.
The role is responsible for developing and maintaining exceptional relationships between our Client and their strategic supply base; ensuring their suppliers understand the solutions and benefits on offer, understanding the broad range capability within our client’s supplier base to ensure they can identify and fill gaps within our supplier chain to meet their growing customer needs. The role holder will be the primary point of contact for strategic suppliers helping to build strong relationships with suppliers to improve utilisation of solutions with our client’s customers.
Key Tasks & Deliverables:
- Design implementation and ownership of supplier implementation management processes, toolkits, packs and governance.
- Responsible for onboarding new suppliers which are introduced by new clients.
- Providing key feedback from supplier engagements to help with process improvement and maximising on our supplier community.
- Identify enhancements through supplier feedback of the procurement processes as part of the business’ continuous improvement cycle.
- Effective training of suppliers to ensure proper use of internal processes.
- Encourage repeat business and supplier referrals of new buyers and/or projects with existing buyers.
- Development of engagement strategies with key suppliers.
- Research and analysis of the supplier base for client requirements when these are new to client and their customer base
- Ownership and management of our supplier management master list.
- Definition and ownership of supplier relationship management process.
- As required, develop reports on specific supplier markets, performance and trends working with Client Service Managers and the Operations Team.
- Working with the Client Implementation Manager to support onboarding of new clients.
- Good knowledge of modern procurement practices; strong analytical and communication skills and works well within a team
- Commercially aware with knowledge of category management and sourcing within a private or public-sector organisation.
- Professional approach; natural relationship builder
- Ability to prioritise multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- A self-starter; highly motivated, results driven and with excellent attention to detail
- Data management and strong analytical skills
- Project management experience in complex change environments
- Knowledge of risk management processes
- Account management experience in a fast-paced environment
- Achieved or working towards CIPS qualification
- Project management qualifications (e.g. Lean, Prince2)
More searches like this
- Purchasing, supply (main) Public Sector Specialist jobs in £30,000 - £39,999
- Buying Public Sector Specialist jobs in £30,000 - £39,999
- Contracts Public Sector Specialist jobs in £30,000 - £39,999
- Logistics Public Sector Specialist jobs in £30,000 - £39,999
- Operations Public Sector Specialist jobs in £30,000 - £39,999