Senior Contracts Manager
Your new organisation
Unique and exciting times are ahead as Frimley Hospital work to digitally transform the “One Frimley” Heath Trust by enabling information sharing, thus reducing clinical variation and materially improving patient outcomes and experience as a result. This is a chance to be part the team who will implement a new Electronic Patient Record (EPR) system across all the trust sites, becoming more connected with wider care providers, providing one patient record rich in information for all clinicians to use. This is your chance to be part of something very special that will make a real difference to patients.
Your new role
As part of Frimley Health’s Digital Transformation programme, the Trust currently seeks a Senior Contracts Manager who will be responsible and accountable for leading on the delivery of specific contracts whilst supporting end to end processes for provider management. You will be required to contribute to transformation as well as value for money, working as an authorised signatory and budget holder, in conjunction with Digital Business & Contracts Manager, responsible for all Digital Service contracts (£33M)
You will be required to;
- Support strategic programmes
- Develop, produce and execute contract strategies for key contracts
- Co-ordinate/plan annual contract negotiations, ensuring robust systems are in place to secure year on year improvement in quality, outcomes and value for money from contract performance, for an agreed portfolio of contracts
- Lead contract negotiations through expert knowledge of wider provider landscape and leverage opportunities
- Extract and compiling monthly contract reports using Bravo contract monitoring solution.
- Develop, analyse and produce monthly statistical reports that inform senior team of current contract estate for Digital Services as well as statistical analysis reports to the Contract & Procurement group on a quarterly basis that outlines contract performance, activity analysis and in-depth review of key challenges
- Develop a plan to consolidate the Digital Services contract estate with an aim to reduce cost as a result taking responsibility for identifying and delivering on generation of income saving opportunities through alignment of contracts
- Use interpersonal skills to remove barriers when discussing contentious information to internal and external stakeholders
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders representing the Trust externally at a very senior level, acting as a gatekeeper for contracting queries and ensuring that these are responded to effectively and in a timely manner
- Responsible for providing highly contentious and complex information regarding contracts status to CIO and wider Trust Executive Team
- Present accurate information in a variety of formats using excellent verbal and written skills, including making presentations to large and small groups and producing complex reports.
- Educate and train senior staff within the organisation with respect to their understanding of the key components of contracting and the impact of their behaviours/attitudes/actions on future contract negotiations
- Lead on the formulation and implementation of policies and strategies relating to the management and negotiation of contracting processes in line with internal and external guidance.
- Responsible for promoting a culture where staff feel empowered and accountable for the service they provide and managers are supported to lead, motivate and develop staff who feel valued and respected
- Responsible for supporting and leading the team to live and breathe Trust values, communicating with staff at all times to allow them to be part of the Digital Services vision and future place
- Ensure management of staff is consistent with Trust HR Policies to the achievement of equality, equity and optimum performance
What you'll need to succeed
- You will have Dotted line management responsibility for the Digital Contracts Officer with supporting the Digital Business & Contracts Manager with recruitment and selection decisions, regular staff appraisals, managing sickness absence, disciplinary and grievance matters, personal and career development and departmental workload and allocation, therefore previous management experience is essential
- Excellent Communication Skills – strong internal and external stakeholder engagement
- Previous contract management experience working on high value contracts
- An understanding of public sector regulations and terminology surrounding those contracts
- Ability to lead, empower and influence others to achieve a desired outcome fit for purpose
- Resilience, determination and grit
What you'll get in return
You will be based in a brand new, fully agile, state of the art office located in Ascot, which will be on site, next to the new £95M hospital currently being built. You will receive a competitive salary and excellent benefits and will have the opportunity to take your career to the next level as part of this highly publicised Digital Transformation programme within Frimley Hospital.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
You can also visit our career site for more information and to apply: hays.co.uk/jobs/frimley-park
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.