Supply Chain Manager
The Senior Supply Chain Manager will drive a culture of ownership across the supply chain function working closely with internal stakeholders to develop a customer focused ethos. This opportunity will be a leadership position and the successful applicant will be utilised above and beyond the function to encourage forward-thinking and a strategic approach to the business in terms of supply management
- Lead the supply chain advisory team to build in-country capability in procurement, forecasting & planning, inventory management, orders management and distribution processes to achieve operational excellence; implementing relevant KPIs and metrics and the required performance management approaches
- Support development (and where needed) lead the development & implementation of new supply chain tools and systems and process solutions
- Represent with key external parties ensuring the supply chain knowledge and experience is used to benefit sector and to ensure they achieves allocations for commodity donations
- Report supply chain KPIs and ensure their adoption throughout the organisation ensuring that they are understood and actioned
- Build a cohesive, valued, high performing team within Global Supply Chain.
- You should have experience of using the Lean or Six Sigma methodology to implement continuous improvement processes for complex supply chain shipments to locations around the world. Ideally you will have a background from the commercial sector (especially; manufacturing, engineering or pharmaceutical).
- You must be able to demonstrate your experience in building up a robust supply chain methodology and process from start to finish.
- You will be a pragmatic individual who can quickly establish best practice to improve production planning and inventory management.
- The successful Senior Supply Chain Manager will be an entrepreneurial leader with a passion and stamina for driving change.
- 5+ years operational experience with at least 5+ years in supply chain (procurement, demand and supply planning, inventory management), Fulfilment (customer service and logistics) and NPD, in a regulated industry, preferably healthcare
- Relevant qualifications, experienced with Lean or Six Sigma methodologies (and ideally a degree) and ideally qualifications in supply chain modules from a recognised body
- Led and implemented proven supply chain systems improvements with very good understanding of process engineering and ERP systems knowledge
- Good knowledge of sourcing and supplier management, managing forecasting, integrated planning, inventory management, order fulfilment, distribution, and procurement processes and commodity management
- Solid experience driving efficiency and cost reduction, whilst delivering the quality and service standards
- Highly knowledgeable in the development and reporting of supply chain KPIs
- Demonstrable skill and experience in driving long-lasting change and capability enhancements across supply chain
- Well developed "coaching style" with well-practiced facilitation skills that engender confidence and transfer technical ability into country supply chain teams
- Commercial or Not for Profit Supply Chain experience. Manufacturing or Engineering, pharmaceutical background
- Experience in developing public sector supply chains in low and middle income countries
Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role