Head of Real Estate and Facilities Management - Europe
As the Regional Head of Real Estate and Facilities Management (REFM) for Europe, you will be responsible for the strategic management of the real estate portfolio as well as the overall employee experience at the place of work.
Centrica is half way through a 6 year strategic re-positioning of its business and REFM has a major role to play in the optimization of the 100-plus real estate portfolio in Europe as well as the management of the current and development of the future workplace. The business needs for office space is growing in some areas and geographies, while it is shrinking in others. A strategic roadmap to meet those changing business needs at optimum overall cost is an integral part of the role. The facilities management aspect includes the overall employee experience, their health and safety, the portfolio's environmental impact as well as compliance to relevant legislation. The position leads an internal team of 11 and manages the outsourced shared services of two strategic suppliers for real estate and facilities management.
As an ideal candidate for the role, you would:
* Have progressed your career with experience in both real estate as well as facilities management reaching a leadership role that owns the strategy and its implementation.
* Be comfortable interacting at board level on strategic real estate matters and getting into the operational detail of the daily matters of facilities management.
* Be experienced in building winning teams with a the right balance of safety / cost / service culture.
* Have experience in managing an international portfolio in continental Europe.
* Have demonstrable experience in delivering real estate, facilities and project management services through outsourced suppliers.
* Have experience in the development and delivery of workspace programs that enable organizational and cultural change.
* Have managed a large scale portfolio (over 50) of various types (headquarters, small offices, distribution centers, power stations, etc.) with budgetary ownership of over £50m.
* Be educated to degree level and be a member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors or British Institute of Facilities Management/International Facility Management Association, or equivalent.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual keen on playing a key part in reshaping a FTSE 50 company.